The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
we can't, but they can use our cams if they wanted. Their cams don't fit our engines....but our cams can be made to fit theirs....makes sense?

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
I believe the fuel rails are the same, the pistons, same compression....we share a lot of their internals, it's essentially the same motor, but different set up, like throttle body is on the opposite side as well I believe....one who would know is Ace, he has built up the KA from the Altima and did or is doing a swap in his 240

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
We can and we have done some pretty decent All Motor builidups .... Mine made about 220 Crank HP ....

The engines are basicly the same , but they have some differences due to they are RWD and we are FWD ... distribitor is in a different location , so the exhaust cam is different ...... also they have a tad bit more comp. 9.2:1 vs. 9.5:1 .... Basicly anything you can do to a 240 KA , you can do to an Altima KA ...

·
DIY'er
6,658 Posts
transmission is different (as you already know)
intake manifold is different, compression is different, as previously mentioned.
one things for sure, both our ringlands are shit....
cylinder ignition is different, they are setup for 1243 i think, we are setup for 1324, i think. or reverse.

·
First Gen OBDII Alty
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ Yeah, would something like that work? ^^^

I have heard about your setup shawn, and that is great. It just seems like the 240 guys get it easier. There is a thread on club240 in the NA forums that is title "have a 200hp KA with less than $1000" or something like that. I dont think we can get that kind of power on that budget in an alti. Is it the cams that are available to us? Maybe custom regrinds would be better.

Here is the thread

http://www.club240.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17518

How much of that could be applied to the alti?

·
King of The Powerslide
2,803 Posts
Like They said, Most of the 240sx stuff works for the altima, save the cams, and external mods like Header.

*Higher Compression
*Manual Transmission (even though I argue in favor of autos, manuals are faster, and Have less drivetrain loss)
Freer flowing Intake and Exhaust. (remember, you can make more power on a Bigger exhaust.)
*Cams and ECU. With the ECU, the Ka actually gains Power all around the RPM range, and Not just up high. You can Go with JWT, or be like shawn and Go with PDM. JWT might be a better option though
*Port and Polish, balance and blueprint: will cost you a good amount, but will gain you a few ponies as well.

Shawn ran a 10.5:1 Compression, and Top End cams.
I say running 11.1:1 Compression (if you can) and JWT cams and ECU, and strive to lower drivetrain losses (good fluids, etc) you can push over 170whp on your Ka.

But why care about power numbers. You should just worry on how th car performes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They have the same block.

Just like a Mitsu Montero Sport and Mitsu 3000GT share the same block.

Same block, but really quite different beyond that.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mc Josh, great thread start, and I think this thread is important and very interesting, as it shows a lot of the potential that the KA24DE has and can have. This is worth exploring more, especially the stock N/A motor build up, as well as turboing the engine, which can produce some wicked results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We can and we have done some pretty decent All Motor builidups .... Mine made about 220 Crank HP ....

The engines are basicly the same , but they have some differences due to they are RWD and we are FWD ... distribitor is in a different location , so the exhaust cam is different ...... also they have a tad bit more comp. 9.2:1 vs. 9.5:1 .... Basicly anything you can do to a 240 KA , you can do to an Altima KA ...

Do u by any chance know if the power steering pump is the same

1 - 17 of 17 Posts