The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing a new radiator for my 1999 Altima but while I was looking online for a radiator I notice that the radiators for the 2000 and 2001 Altimas are different. They look the same but the transmission cooler is longer. You cen see the different with the CSF 2651 Radiator for 1999 and back compared with CSF 2614 for 2000 and 2001 with the longer cooler. Would getting the CSF 2614 for later years be a upgrade for my car to help cool the transmission better or would it not fit in my car?
Thanks for the information

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Don't know what you were looking at but those two rads seem to be the same other than the bottom mounting. The trans cooler appears to be the same and I looked at 3 sites.

Regardless, you get the same temperature out of all of them, the trans cooler can only cool to what the rad temperature is, meaning both coolers will cool to the same temp regardless of size. Think about it, cannot be any other way.

You would be better off using an external add-on cooler after the rad loop to lower temps even more than the typical 220 or so degrees the rad normally does. Or not even use the rad at all, simply the external cooler to cool even more. What I do here in Texas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts