The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pros and cons of these two types of gauges? I just want sumthin different in my alty. I am considering getting the overlays from importintelligence.com , but I wanted to make sure, that I dont need the replacements. These are more expensive than the overlays, so someone just write me back and tell me info. about these.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Well the nr auto ones are high quality and replecae the whole gauge its self, and the intellilgence ones are just stickers and look alright but not great, but for the price u cant beat it!
-Smacko

·
246 Posts
I HAVE THE NR GAUGE REPLACEMENTS AND THEY LOOK GREAT, BUT THE INSTALLATION WAS A BITCH ( THE NEEDLES ) I'LL E-MAIL A PIC IF YOU WANT.......

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts
mrdeucie said:
the indiglo overlays don't change out all the black though.
I just bought some and installed them yesterday and they were the most simple install I've done. It was easy getting around the needles as long as you're not a moron. IMO it's as easy as a WAI.

And as far as not changing out the black, I cannot see any black, the overlay's "overlay" the entire black "stock" gauge. Looks custom.

·
13,020 Posts
maporsche said:

I just bought some and installed them yesterday and they were the most simple install I've done. It was easy getting around the needles as long as you're not a moron. IMO it's as easy as a WAI.

And as far as not changing out the black, I cannot see any black, the overlay's "overlay" the entire black "stock" gauge. Looks custom.
even the check engine light, overdrive light and such?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Freshman!!!! If you still have those replacements, I will gladly buy them from you. I prefer PAypla, but holla back at me, and lemme know wassup. HOLLA!!!!

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
maporsche said:

Was this on a 1st or 2nd gen? I've been looking into these but was worried about the installation. How long did it take you to put them in, and how big of a pain was it to pull apart the dash and put it back together?

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts
1st gen

There are 5 screws on the dash that you need to unscrew, then the top dash part just pulls out (you may need to pry part of it with a flat head screwdriver). Disconnect all the wires and then set it aside. Then pull out the little brown fake wood piece surrounding the steering wheel, disconnect those wires and then set it aside. Now there will be 4 screws holding in the gauge cluster. Unscrew those and pull out the gauge cluster. Disconnect all the wires which are connected to that. Now that the gauge cluster is removed you need to remove the black portion from the electronic portion. You'll notice that it's only held there by little clips. Unclip those and set the black part aside. Now unscrew all the little black screws that are on the guages (only the speedodmeter, tachometer, gas gauge, and temp gauge) and place the new gauges over the stock ones, and screw the screws back in (this will hold the gauges there tight.)

Now connect the wires and connect the black box and that's it. It only took me 40 minutes. Maybe I should take some pictures.

Bo

·
Alty for sale! Make offer
1,898 Posts
i know this is real old but does anyone have a write up about how to do to a 2nd gen?" thanks

·
too cute
1,357 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts