The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a question that might be dumb but I am curious. I have to travel down a 1 mile dirt road (see in pic below) and I wanted to know if this will screw me up if I was to get an aftermarket intake. Will it even matter? The only reason I am wondering this is that the aftermarket cone filter intake is fully exposed while the factory intake isnt. Anyway if this isnt a prob which intake is the best for a 2.5...and I know this has been talked about forever but please only respond if you have an intake on your 2.5...so speak from experience...thanks

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
only problem I could see is that you'd have to clean your filter far more often than those of us who dont' travel down dirt roads. The cold air intake will get you the best results. but seeing as it's mounted lower, you'll be kicking a lot more dust onto the filter, which would mean even more frequent cleaning.... and the cone filter on teh CAI isn't the easiest thing to remove and remount. You'll probably be best with the Frankencar filter or the Stillen filter, as they are mounted higher.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
naw, your intake pulls air in no matter where it's mounted. If you're in a dusty place, your filter will get dirty. The stock intake has a lotta tubes, but all the dirt still gets to the filter through all the tubing.
Get a CAI and don't worry about a thing.
Jae

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
Ricam78 said:
Thanks for the info guys...I am thinking I am going to go with the Frankencar...does this void my warranty though....i am going to do a search so dont worry about answering that if you dont want to...ok thanks again
nope. Won't void your warranty. Enjoy the filter! :)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Drive slowly and don't get behind anyone. I live in a town about 7 miles from Manassas, VA. We have a lot of dust from construction (new homes, etc.) and such. I try to avoid those areas when I drive my Alty.

As for the Frankencar. it's definitely worth the wait. Trust me, and order it with the Apexi filter. You will not be sorry.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Ricam78 said:
Wait a second...Frankencar doesnt make an intake for 2.5's do they? WOW...i got all excited about nothing....
Thw JWT and SWA intakes fit both 2.5 and 3.5 so I dunno why the Frankencar wouldn't fit both.

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
pvick said:
Drive slowly and don't get behind anyone. I live in a town about 7 miles from Manassas, VA. We have a lot of dust from construction (new homes, etc.) and such. I try to avoid those areas when I drive my Alty.

As for the Frankencar. it's definitely worth the wait. Trust me, and order it with the Apexi filter. You will not be sorry.
Same shit here dude. ****ing fredneck has exploded and it's hard to keep the car clean w/ recycled water!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts