The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

My first post, should be a good one. I have a 2013 Nissan Sentra SR. I have done a lot of reading on here and most people talk about disabling the daytime lights but no one has mentioned the LED accent lighting.

I just purchased a HID conversion kit for the headlights. But I need to disable the the daytime running lights. I know that it is required by law to have them on, so that's why I just want to disable the headlamp and not the LED accent lights. Is there an easy way to do this? I have researched the Exterior Lighting manual online for this car and it maybe just a small wiring change in the connector. I have attached a few pics of the wiring schematics from that manual. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction about what wiring i need to manipulate to make this happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is it still required by law in the US? My car is a 2014 SR and it doesn't come with DRL. My mom's 2009 Murano doesn't have it either but my Dad's 2005 CRV did as it was required by the law at that time.
Canada?

·
Registered
24 Posts
We used to do this on our old Volvo trucks when we first got them at work. We'd pull out the relay that made the headlights come so it would go back to manual control.

Not sure how to do this on the Sentra, I turn my parking lights on when driving since I have a US spec Sentra. Should be fairly simple for those in the know about Sentra electronics.

Sorry I'm not the one.

roog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts