The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you change your distributor cap and rotor? Please post info if you no anything about it. What it is and how to install/uninstall, when to do it, etc... I did a search and came up with nothing that help. Please Post only Positive replys here. Other/Future Altima fanes will be referring to it. Holla....

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
ur cap and rotor is that thing with the spark plug wires hanging out of it ! there is 2 small screws on each side of the cap. unscrew them then when u remove the cap there is the rotor . mine had a screw holding it on. unscrew the screw and remove the rotor. then apply every thing u did to remove it to install it . its really really easy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
how much does a new cap and rotor cost? I need to replace mine and I havent had time to get to autozone to check it out. thanks

·
Speed Racer
243 Posts
i just replaced mine i think it cost 25.00 all together maybe a little more. the only thing about it is don't forget wich wires go where. if you get them in the wrong order the car won't run right if it starts at all. and i think you are supposed to replace it like every 60,000 miles or so. i just replaced mine at 130,000 and it was completly gone. the cap was completly shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts