The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's that time again I guess. I have oil leaking from the bottom of my dist cap and has been for months. I thought maybe the o-ring on the shaft could maybe be replaced since it's beveled but the mechanic whom I've used before said he'd replaced the seal already and it's leaking out of the dist shaft and is just a matter of time before I need a new one. I'm gonna check my records cause I don't remember that being done but is that all that keeps the oil out of the distributor? The unit IS used and the shop that sold it to me for $120 (I had to have one) looked at it supposedly after it started leaking 6 mos ago and said it wasn't the distributor. They said something about pulling the cam caps and replacing a seal under there somewhere. Anyway,
should I try to replace the o-ring on the dist. shaft, is there something else poss leaking and if not, who's the cheapest on distributor's (NOT NISSAN!!)?? It's a 93 gxe auto.

·
Banned
563 Posts
yeah once they leak they should be replace with a NEW one ..this happen to me before and even changing the O ring ..it still leak ...so i end up getting a new one from nissan ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.