The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My distributor went out on my car. Autoaone sells them for $140 with lifetime warranty. Any one had a problem with the ones form Autozone? Should I get one from Nissan? How mucj are they at the dealer?

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Sometimes I think Sassan works for Nissan...lol

the Nissan distributor is $500 sassan. Not many people are gonna pay that when they can get one for $150 at NAPA or auto zone.

·
HIT EM UP F0000000
2,613 Posts
krackmnkysnick said:
Sometimes I think Sassan works for Nissan...lol

the Nissan distributor is $500 sassan. Not many people are gonna pay that when they can get one for $150 at NAPA or auto zone.
thank you, does nissan give u lifetyme warranty? i think only if they install it??

·
Banned
2 Posts
I understand that.....but it has been proven time and time again that a lot of times, OEM parts just work better than aftermarket ones. The ones in specific are cap/rotor and distributor, the ignition parts of the car. I have had bad experiences with aftermarket ones, and so have others. The only reason I suggest an OEM alternator is because its usually the same price as an aftermarket one, and they have many less issues. I went through 8 alternators, aftermarket, and now number 9, a Nissan one, is stronger than ever.

Now for brakes or exhaust systems or whatever, save your $$$!

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Got mine from Autozone completely against my better judgement for $130 and l/t warranty 3 or 4 mos ago and suprisingly it works just fine. I just can't justify $500 for a disributor (even almighty Nissan's) that comes w/ a lousy 1 year warranty! I mean, everyone knows they are defective in design anyway and their going to wear out, I believe in changing oil and replacing brake pads and other maintenance but NOT changing a dist. every year--at least not w/o a warranty.

·
1,849 Posts
djsassan said:
I understand that.....but it has been proven time and time again that a lot of times, OEM parts just work better than aftermarket ones. The ones in specific are cap/rotor and distributor, the ignition parts of the car. I have had bad experiences with aftermarket ones, and so have others. The only reason I suggest an OEM alternator is because its usually the same price as an aftermarket one, and they have many less issues. I went through 8 alternators, aftermarket, and now number 9, a Nissan one, is stronger than ever.

Now for brakes or exhaust systems or whatever, save your $$$!
I disagee with you in regards to the alternator. The reason why I did not get am oem alternator is that when the dealer saw that my car had a system, they offered me no warranty. So after extensive research, I went to Pep Boys and their alternator included a lifetime warranty even though I have a sound system. It may depend on which Pep Boys though, but in my case and almost 2 years later, fingers crossed, my alternator is still working.

·
1,373 Posts
i would always go with the oem parts personally. But heres one thing ill put out here:
When my alternator went, I decided to buy a new one from Nissan. So I installed it and the next day it went. So i brought it back and got another one. And that ones been working fine. So needless to say, nothing is perfect, things can g wrong with anything. But i agree with sassan, just get OEM. You pay more, but its worth it in the longrun.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
3,045 Posts
Yea , i had to reaplce mine and Nissan wanted $520 for a new distributor. And i went to NAPA and got 1 for $194 and then i i got $60 back for bring in my core, so its actually $134 for a new Dist. from NAPA , and i imagine u gte some sort of a warranty, cuz i had returned it later that day and got a new 1, and was stil having problems, but thats a long story.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
BoriquaRacer said:
Yea , i had to reaplce mine and Nissan wanted $520 for a new distributor. And i went to NAPA and got 1 for $194 and then i i got $60 back for bring in my core, so its actually $134 for a new Dist. from NAPA , and i imagine u gte some sort of a warranty, cuz i had returned it later that day and got a new 1, and was stil having problems, but thats a long story.
too bad it wasnt the new distributor causing those problems, eh? Id'da been pissed if that cop woulda pulled me over rally'ing around those turns, to find out we didnt even need to make that trip anyway :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts