The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wire an aftermarket FM modulated CD changer into the stock HU, do I need an antenna adapter, or is the antenna on the 2k2 the standard size? Just checking so I can have all the materials ready before I start. Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Stereo reception

Good luck with your FM modulater, stereo reception with aftermarket head units has been historically bad with the Altimas. But since you are only adding changer and not changing the deck...you should be alright.

My radio reception was so poor I put the stock stereo back until I can get my 10 disk changer installed for my Sony headunit.
Post how this works out for you!
~J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll definitely give a report on my progress. I didn't really want an FM modulator because I was worried about sound quality, but I'm getting the unit for free from a friend who bought it last year and doesn't need it anymore, so I figure why not? It shouldn't be too bad though

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
well, on my 99, i needed one. if u have a 2 pronged antenna, u'll likely need one. the adapter converts it to a 1 pronged plug

·
Alty Go Boom
73 Posts
Re: Stereo reception

Oasis said:
Good luck with your FM modulater, stereo reception with aftermarket head units has been historically bad with the Altimas. But since you are only adding changer and not changing the deck...you should be alright.

My radio reception was so poor I put the stock stereo back until I can get my 10 disk changer installed for my Sony headunit.
Post how this works out for you!
~J
\

My stereo reception has been fine. I mean the mast is about 5ft tall :). Most altys have a window + mast antenna right? 1st gen does maybe some how the 2 to 1 antenna plug converter he’s using is only using the window one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.