The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
cshih2 said:
hi,
i jsut bid a 8000k HID for my 02 alti 2.5s.
so do i need to replace the fuses or anything should i be aware?

thx all.,
yea... you will probly want to change the fuses for your left and right low beam.. which is located under the hood, and change them up to a 15amp fuse..

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Re: Re: Do i need to replace the fuse for HID?

tekie99 said:
yea... you will probly want to change the fuses for your left and right low beam.. which is located under the hood, and change them up to a 15amp fuse..
Correct!

But make sure the kit you have doesn't already come with a fuse. Some aftermarket kits, like the one I have, came with the fuse built in the kit. It will be obvious. It'll be in a seperate box or whatever connected to both power wires.

·
-Brooks Sports-S1Tires-
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so, if my kit do not have fuses, do i need to buy them myself?

one more question,
a friend of mine, she has Mi eclips and after installing the HID, she cannot use her CD player.
and if u have a accident, ur car will explore?? is this true?

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
DesiEGO said:
No, not all 3rd gens have factory HID's. From 02-04, only the SL Pkg and the fully loaded 3.5SE came with HID's. I think its the same for 05 but now they have an 3.5SE and 3.5SL.
actually 02-04 only the 3.5SE with the proper package.. came with HIDs.. no 2.5 did or does..

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
cshih2 said:
really,,,,hmmmm, too bad that i already bought that..
so, is that light output really bad in 8000k?

so its gonna be better to switch the fuse to 20amps, right?
and where can i mount the ballasts? i have 2.5s

thx all.
Yeah I personally suggest not going over 6K, I mean. . throw em in & see how you feel. . you could probably always sell the 8K bulbs & cop some 6K. . yes I would put in some 20 amp just to be safe .. there are actually spaces behind the bumper on either side (below where headlighst mount) that are there for OEM ballasts. . thats where I suggest you mount em'. . sorry, don't have pics of said space/opening but once you have the bumper off & headlights off you can't miss em' . .. good luck bro

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Groggy23 said:
Ok, I probably don't have it then. I got the 3.5SE 04 but base. I looked on the window label where it lists all the features and didn't say anything about HID's, so I guess not.
Please tell me you only wanted to know if you had the proper fuse and not whether or not your car had HIDs...

You would know if you had HIDs - because they would look the same color as the street lights and not like regular halogen bulbs when you turned them on...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts