The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2017 Altima Midnight edition with the 2.5 liter 4cyllinder engine. I did not get the 9 speaker Bose stereo but opted for the 6 speaker system. I have noticed that the rear doors have the grills in the door panels and appear to also have the cutouts for speakers. Does anyone know if the wires for the speakers in the rear doors are also there and run to the radio? I have been thinking about moving my front speakers to the rear doors and upgrading to a nicer set for the front doors but I don't want to do this if I will have to run the wires myself.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Dee

·
Registered
5 Posts
You might try chatting with crutchfield.com They are very knowledgeable. Just bought a 2018 Altima S and I'm unimpressed with the stereo. Typical base model system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the sound I get from my 2017 Altima SR HU. I got the 6 speaker system but it sounds really clear for a stock system. I added a powered sub to fill out the bottom and that's all it needed. Granted it doesn't sound like a really high end system but I am impressed. Not sure if Nissan cheaped out on the newer models or not.

Thanks for the tip about Crutchfield. I had not thought of that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 2019 base factory stereo sounds way better than the 2018. Much more updated tech in the car. I like the exterior and tech of the new model but I prefer the interior of the 2018. The seats are more comfy in the 2018. 2019 seats feel like Sentra to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts