The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious cuz i think the only difference is that the 57s are dual filament...

anyone know?

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
no, because on the bottom of the 1156 there's 2 contacts, where as on the 1157 there's one contact. Therefore you'd either have something that didn't work, or a very confused light. try it and see what happens, it shouldn't have an adverse affect on your car.

·
Pharewell Phish
99 Posts
I bought some on accident and no they didn't even fit. There are 2 little prong type things on the side that allow the bulb to slide in and one wasnt ofset right. It's hard to explain but you'll see if you try.

·
sittin on chrome....
123 Posts
stockride said:
no, because on the bottom of the 1156 there's 2 contacts, where as on the 1157 there's one contact. Therefore you'd either have something that didn't work, or a very confused light. try it and see what happens, it shouldn't have an adverse affect on your car.
I think you have that backwards don't you? Isn't there 2 contacts on the 1157, and not the 1156? Oh well, nevermind if I'm thinking wrong..

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
that's possible, but why not just buy the right kind of bulb?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.