The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
i don't have it, but I do beleive that you'll only see nominal gains for the 200 -300 dollars you'll spend for it. If you have a lot of mods i.e: i/e/h/p/vbupgrade/tc..... you may see slightly better gains. But for the most part, I personally think that buying a pulley or something would be a better try. But if you really want it, go for it, and let us know.

Also, if you have a lot of mods, think about the JWT ecu upgrade. It costs more, but it's been proven to do more.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i got an intake and the unorthodox pulley(not installed yet)..........but i guess i'll just get something else with that $$$.........:cool:

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
definately, save up for finishing your exhaust. Header, or cat back would be better upgrades.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have intake, exhaust, pulley, and a header on the way. would jet force be for me since i was told i can't get an ecu upgrade for my 2000...or should i stop trying to get more power for a bit and use to money for a clutch and flywheel to help get more of the power i already have to my wheels?

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
well, I think it'd help you out. Just don't expect the world from the v-force. I'd probably save that as one of the last things for your car. Worry about internal stuff, and like you said, clutch & flywheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have the vforce jet chip. you will see some gains with other mods on the top rpms but really nothing down low. i will warn you that ever since i have installed mine i have had major idle problems. i am still trying to figure it out. but good luck with whatever you do with the cash. hollar if you have any more questions

·
Registered
5 Posts
v-force chip

I talked to a Jet rep just yesterday. I asked for info on my 2000 with WAI and muffler upgrade. The rep said the v-force would do nothing for a upgraded car. Instead he said a car with up-grades needs a stage 2 chip. It costs $300. They promised +15hp at the wheels. Take it for what it's worth but I find the hp gain hard to believe. And with the minimal up-grades I have, I find it hard to believe I need the "better" chip! Like I said, take it for what it's worth.

·
phi phi Kappa Alpha
590 Posts
I think that the chip should be one of the last things you do, save up for the JWT, tell them all the mods you have and they will program it specifially for your mods and if you ever do turbo or nos, it is only an extra hundred bucks to upgrade it. My friend got a Jet for his acura and he had idle problems too, though those are the only two cases that I have heard of that

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
i loved my v-force, it made the car pull much nicer on the top end. I wouldn't get it until after intake/header/pulley though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.