The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i have a vtec(h) *phone*
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all sorry about postin' about engine swaps it was kinda gay and i should of done more research on it. Now yesterday i installed a blacklight in the back of my 00 alty, i ran the wires thru the fold down seat and into the trunk, i also put foil on the back of it so u can barely see it if you were behind me. i was just wondering if anyone has been stoped by something similar to this blacklights,headlights,neon ect. and what they make u do if they catch u?

·
Auto Tech
1,027 Posts
depends on where u live, and how gay the cops are there...where i live they only care about blue green and red lights.

Im pretty sure you can have any color lights in your car, as long as they aren't visible from the outside of your car, but if they are visible, just dont turn them on when ur driving...

·
ItalianStallion
325 Posts
if by backlight as in the one on the rear deck i don't believe those are illegal. i don't know many people who have gotton in trouble for their headlights and i never have. i do know cop hate stobes anywhere, lots of people i know have got tickets for that (i don't want to call anyone who get strobe a friend, just people i know)
and i talked to a cop who said he and alot of other cops really like to give tickets for the piaa that change colors at different angles.

also clear tail get ya in trouble,

no cops have ever cared about my blue turn signals sides or heads

·
Dad
316 Posts
strobes set off the senors at stoplights that hold the light for cops to go through. try flashing your lights really fast at a stoplight sometime - it works!

·
Registered
1 Posts
shabu said:
strobes set off the senors at stoplights that hold the light for cops to go through. try flashing your lights really fast at a stoplight sometime - it works!

Are you serious now bcuz i dont want to look like an idiot flashing my lights. but damn thats something i would of never thought of doing...Great Post

·
Space Boy
1,144 Posts
I just got a stoped last night. Haters just plan Haters:angry4: but I just got a nother warning:D

·
i have a vtec(h) *phone*
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Damn i hate cops why are they such dlck heads i know in florida it's illegal to have underbody kits but to have a hyper blue headlight or turn signal is should not be illegal im gonna keep it in there untill i get pulled over and then i will be like oh sorry officer i had no idea i will take em out as soon as i get home but i have my black light rigged so when i hit the brakes it goes off if there is a cop i will act like an old person from michigan or something and ride my brakes till i find a turn hope im not on the interstate or something:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Out here just found out that the windshield light and any color other then yellow, red , clears is illegal . i never know about the lights on your hood ,my boy get a ticket for it .

·
Searching within
788 Posts
Blue and/or red lights in the front or sidemarkers of the car are illegal. Some bullshit about people confusing them for undercover cop cars; emergency vehicles.
As far as underbody lights I'm not sure maybe the same applies, some people are just dumb to see the difference between cops and Altimas.
However, any aftermarket lights can potentially get you a ticket depending on the cops in your area, or filling qouta status.
A friend of mine got pulled over for hyper white turning signals, because they were too brights...go figure.
:confused:
Hope this helps.

·
M3MB3R @ LA®G3
308 Posts
hectorc said:
...or filling qouta status...
Speaking of cops, and theyre supposed quotas, lets ask AltimaJG, if that really is true, since i think hes gonna be a cop.

Raul

·
6,859 Posts
Rza said:

Speaking of cops, and theyre supposed quotas, lets ask AltimaJG, if that really is true, since i think hes gonna be a cop.

Raul
There is no quota from what I've read. This is what the deal is. Let’s say that everyone else on the force is giving out 30 tickets a month and you’re only giving out 15 tickets a month. It looks bad for you and when time for promotions come and they see you aren’t doing as much as the other cops are. You aren’t going to be moving up the ladder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts