The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 5-speed and i cannot get it into gear. i put the clutch down and it wont go in any gear. i replaced the master cylinder and the slave cylinder and it is still doing the same thing. anyone know what the problem could be? thanks

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
Does it grind when you try to push it into a gear, or does the shifter seem to go into the gear, but then you let out the clutch and it's like it is in neutral?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i had the ckutch replaced last spring and it does not slip beacues i stopped beating the car so i have treated it good, the shifter does grind a little when i try to force it into gear but it just wont go in.....????

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
captainsteve25 said:
well, i had the ckutch replaced last spring and it does not slip beacues i stopped beating the car so i have treated it good, the shifter does grind a little when i try to force it into gear but it just wont go in.....????
O.K. - I was trying to discern if the problem was with the clutch or with the shifter.
Yeah, it's not releasing the clutch if you've got the clutch pedal all the way down and you force it and it grinds. Make sure the system is bled, but otherwise it sounds like the release bearing isn't moving the pressure plate.

I had a bearing bend half the fingers on a pressure plate once (non-Alty) and pop right thru to the other side. Doesn't work too well like that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.