The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And if so, how many quarts do you put in after an oil change? Also what weight is the oil. And what is the part number for the filter from a common autostore?

Thanx much to anyone who helps me out. This is my friends Altima so I don't know much about it yet, but yall gotta help me get it hooked up. I'm also a member of maxima.org so if anyone needs help with a max, just ask.

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
MelanieMonroe said:
thing is once you go synthetic you can never go back because of the way it coats the cylinder walls...
Ah ha! That's not true and I know it for a fact! I've read about this issue many times in the "Click and Clack" column in the newspaper... :D

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
once you start using a synthetic oil you DO NOT want to go back to a regular oil

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
donnie said:
once you start using a synthetic oil you DO NOT want to go back to a regular oil
No offense, but that's according to you and Mel.

I've read many-a-time over that you can go back and forth. The only thing is that if you tear down the engine, you will be able to tell that at one time or another it was running synthetic oil due to the noticeable coating in the cylinder walls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts