The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a little research about this product last year and almost bought it. Has or does anyone on this site use this theft deterent device?

·
Registered
899 Posts
What is it, and how does it work?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have a website and the occasional "info-mercial" on TV. It locks the brake or clutch pedal so that it cannot be depressed. I looked into it last year and decided to hold off until I had the opportunity to learn a little more.

Looks like it is better than the Club. Of course, the worse thing about the Club (and I have several) is that you don't or saw through the Club to steal the car.. you cut the steering wheel and just slip the Club off. Very difficult to do this with something that locks the brake or clutch pedal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use it. It works just fine with the altima clutch pedal. I live in Phoenix which is the car theft capital of the US. Hopefully this will deter would be theives enough so they move on to another car.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ok, I've seen them. But the one's I've seen hooked the brake to the steering wheel, so that wouldn't be any more effective than the club. The one you're referencing must lock somewhere else.

The important thing would be to get one that's not a PITA to use. Cause then you risk not using it, if you know what I mean. I have a club, and I don't use that most of the time, I'm ashamed to say. You're absolutely right about cutting the steering wheel, but the way I look at it is it's a deterrent. The punk will choose a different car. The pro will get whatever he wants.

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
my dad had the club on his semi.... the thiefs basically took a car jak and extended it until the club snapped into 2 pieces....

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To SatinWhiteSE;

Thanks, SatinWhiteSE. I was looking for some first-hand info and it looks like you have it.

The idea seems sound and simple. I rarely use my Club mainly because I (1) have garage for mine and my wife's car (the Ford Ranger stays on the street or in the driveway, and (2) we have covered parking at work with monitoring cameras.

I do use it when I go into town ((Manassas) or any other place where I believe my car might be in danger of theft, such as vacation and such.

Thanks again. Anyone else??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts