The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does exhaust piping change the sound of the car? Does 2 1/4" backfire? I wanna have a mid-pitch sound, not too low and deep, but not high pitched either, like when I drive the car normal, it won't sound alot louder than stock, but when you let loose, it'll give a nice sound, not too low though. Should I get 2 or 2 1/4" piping? Oh yeah, and does 2 1/4 or 2.5" backfire when you let off the gas?

·
was up
3,277 Posts
I dont have a cat back, i only have a muffler and i get a couple of little pops every now and then when i down shift and when the engine is cold. but its a cool backfire, nothin like some redneck truck. its like im a bad motha- backfire. but its cool, i think any time you move up to something that flows better you might get a pop every now and then

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
No , the pipe Dia. will not effect sound , if you went with larger pipe and a stock muffler it would sound stock ( as long as the stock resonator is intact ) ..... As for the back fire , it is the muffler that causes that ......

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
mine backfires sometimes. Not all time though. Sounds funny.

SHAWN is right about the piping. Doesn't really affect the sound. At least not enough to really tell the difference.

Get 2.25" piping. 2" might be too small. You're even ok with 2.5". But i think the majority get 2.25". That's what i have and i like it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts