The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Mass and its a bitch cause we have emissons testing, so if it does im pretty sure i would fail emissons

·
Beantown Punk
1,043 Posts
simmer down skyline...hes been around 6 months before you. post count should not determine noob status, i was around for a good year before i even registered a name, cut the guy some slack.

·
8,112 Posts
ALTIMA-SKYLINE said:
Acually it does get rid of one of the 2 cat's. So it's a chance to pass emission's. I hear getting a high flow cat will help out in passing but im not sure.

I'm still hesitant on buying a hotshot and greddy for these reasons. Mass laws:rolleyes: :D

And this should be in the Engine Performance thread just so you know.

·
altimas.net OG
2,049 Posts
i got the hotshot 4-1, i failed , have less than 60k miles on my 96.

failed failed failed

-shek

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
TPhelps155 said:
Acually it does get rid of one of the 2 cat's. So it's a chance to pass emission's. I hear getting a high flow cat will help out in passing but im not sure.

I'm still hesitant on buying a hotshot and greddy for these reasons. Mass laws:rolleyes: :D

And this should be in the Engine Performance thread just so you know.
Wrong! It gets rid of the only cat the 98's have. It's in the downpipe. To install a header, you will need to remove that ccat. The only to get around this is to have a high flow cat installed under the car near where the shifter is.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
jr93alty said:
there are fuel additives that will guarantee passing emissions tests.
:bullshit:

·
8,112 Posts
AlienAlt said:
So far all the headers for a 2nd gen eliminate the PRE_CAT ONLY!....this always comes up again and again....the regular cat is where the downpipe connects to.
So was my post correct?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Here are some pictures from my 98:

The yellow circle with the blue arrow points to a resonator!
The red arrow points to a second resonator

None of these two resonators have any kind of honey comb in it. I can pass the end of a broom stick right through. Therefore no cat after the downpipe. What you might be seeing is the flex pipe which connects the downpipe to the mid pipe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have to go to a private shop and pay for inspection. Got the Hot shot and tints.
The inspection is $75.00, a bit much but I would never even pass the visual at the state inspection.

·
Registered
658 Posts
clo007 said:
:bullshit:
really? u wanna rethink that? how hard do u think it is to formulate something that doesnt release nitrogen oxides and carbon dioxide. look it up on any search engine. i guarantee u that you'll find an additive that shows that u will pass an emissions test. there's probably hundreds of them out there. if u dont find one then i'll show everyone one.

·
1st Gen SE Lover
2,520 Posts
That's interesting.

So changing the header and downpipe on your 98 will make you completely cat-less? Just out of curiousity, where are the o2 sensors?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts