The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this happens to you guys? I get hit up by all kinds of cars. I bought this car to just cruise in (auto) - got rid of raced out civic. Here's a couple examples: I was on the freeway at night SLOWLY accelerating past a car to get into the lane I needed when I noticed the car speeding up to stay even with me - it was a Saturn!!!! He stayed next to me till about 90 before I put the pedal all the way down. On another night, I was cruisin at about 80 on the freeway when a truck pulls right up next to me. I look over and it was a Ford F-150 Lightning!!! I am just minding my own business and look what happens. Grant it, I do have exhaust, intake, and prokits. Just wanted to vent and see if you guys experience the same.

BTW - got the jump on the F-150 and stayed ahead till bout 110 then he just left me. Knew it was a losing battle but was fun. :)

·
Honda Killer
113 Posts
Happened to me a couple times...mainly from hondas and a couple eclipses. Then on my way home from work on Friday, I went to casually pass ( not to race ) a new black Sentra SPEC V which was being driven by what looked like an 18 or 19 year old and low and behold, he pulled right back next to me and wanted to go!! I didn't race him 'cause my turn was about 1/4 mile ahead. I just kept my pace and he went on. But I have been curious what would've happened had I raced him:D Anyone raced a SPEC V yet? I know the 6 speed is quick 'cause I've driven one, but I haven't gone head to head with one yet.

Dave

'02 Black 3.5 SE
K&N filter
RAM air mods
sidemarkers
painted calipers
custom valve stems and caps

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
happens mainly w/ accords, civics, eclipse', 'lude's, and once an m3 but i knew i was gonna get smoked, it wasn't even a comparison cuz he was instantly so far ahead of me i lost him,lol...i raced my friends 95 mustang gt w/ a couple performance mods and me and him were neck and neck off the start but i lost him behind me when he got caught in some traffic that i just maneuvered through

·
1,873 Posts
I guess, from my experience, I have had quite a few cars come from a 0.5~1 mile behind me on a highway. Once they caught up they seem to match my speed and ride next to me. Typically when I am on an interstate/highway, I use the cruise control!!! I am not looking to race!

I can't remember this happening when I drove/drive my 86.5 Nissan Hardbody p'up! :confused:

I have noticed a difference in the other folks on the road when I drive my 02 compared to when I drive 86.5!

·
recent divorcee
112 Posts
yea mostly high school boys with the preludes eclipses and accords hre in ames but when i head down to des moines for the weekend all these ppl want to hang out with me when i go see the races......i mean i'm talking lil 18 year old boys. and then they wanna talk trash to everybody there that my car is gonna smoke em but the thing is i don't race.... besides i'm too lazy to take out the 2 car seats in the back.:D

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
I've had a few racer boys try and get me to engage, but I don't bite, I'm too old for that stuff. My 18 yr. old got mad at me when I first got my car because I would'nt race. He told me I couldn't have a car this fast and not race. :D He is so jealous of this car, and NO he doesn't get to drive it!

·
Banned
148 Posts
Lets look at this from the other side of the token; now that I dont have an SE anymore, Ive tried to get OTHER SE's to race me but no one will.

Ive only had a run-in with one, and lost to her (see story in Racing section) but not by much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts