The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Yea i saw that and thought it was cool. You can buy a kit that turns that into a ram air setup. The kit comes complete with a RAM AIR SCOOP, 3" RAM Air Hose , Ram Air Adapter, Storm Shield for the rainy days and all Mounting Hardware needed.
To obtain maximum performance from your intake system, you need the Cold Ram Air Shield. This Shield Attaches to your Dragon Filter, and completely encloses the filter from any heat to create Maximum Horsepower. Attach the Ram Air Hose from Your Ram Air Kit ( Stage 1 ), and you have RAM COLD AIR

Sounds fun

-Chas-

·
Illest in Nebraska
1,168 Posts
I like that intake but everyone says weapon-r sucks, i might take a chance but i might go cai instead ( I know I should)

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
nice Signiture Jubie. That Intake looks nice.But like Zek said.. i heard weapon R sucks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for the compliment on the sig :)
so weapon r sucks the fatty eh? damn thats a pain, looks kinda cool. what should i get instead do you think? i hear that cai is bad for engine? and that fluid gets inside? that dosent sound like a good thing, but i know everyone uses em anyway. whats a good company to get a c/wai from? and how much and where can i find it?

also, is a c/wai something i can install myself? or do i need to spend moer money on geting it profesionaly instaled
thx again all

·
Illest in Nebraska
1,168 Posts
So far the opinions are that the Place racing Cai is the best, alot of people install themselves but i won't be sure about the difficulty till i get mine, which is still undecided as to which intake i'll go with.

·
173 Posts
hey i have the dragon in my 98, let me tell ya, the shit is nice, the intake was a bitch to put in but when you hit 3000, your car takes off. my engine roars, and i can feel a huge increase in pick up, i think it is great , get it.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have PR Cai and it was easy to do most of the install, except fitment wasn't the best...It's not PR's fault cuz if the pipes were to line up straight, we'd hafta cut the hole in the rounded fender area and that wouldn't be any fun. The only part you'll have trouble with is putting the battery back in. Other than that, it took me 2hr and another hr to figure out how to put the battery back in.
Weapon R sucks? Who has one? And of those who do, how many say they suck? I think there's like 5 people on the board who have it but I don't hear from them that it sucks.
How hard could it be to install wai? No cutting involved..just remove old stuff and put in new ones. 20-45min job.
Jay

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
i am thinkin about it, eventho i dont like weaponr. i might just buy it and throw on a k&n filter. if u want flow and good filtration. k&n been in the business the longest, u would think they know what they are doin. i seriously doubt it would make much more hp than my adaptor and a filter tho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts