The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plugged something into my cigarette lighter socket today (not the one in the armrest), and it didn't work. Is that normal? My car didn't come w/ a cigarette lighter. Just the dummy plug. Any ideas??

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
was your car turned on? The plugs only work when the car is on or on the acc position.

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
Yea they come factory with the key having to at least being turned on into the ACC position.

Now I for one had mine rewired to a constant "on" when in use, without the key having to be on. Most American cars come standard with this. I can now charge my cel phone over night without the car having to be on or in the ACC position.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the car was on. the socket in my armrest works. the one by the radio doesn't. what gives???

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, it was the fuse. thanx mark. kinda odd though, since i've never used that socket for anything. how could the fuse have blown. maybe the dealer put a blown fuse in there. i think i should go back and have them give me 60 cents reimbursement. :)

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,219 Posts
That is a good question..I have never stuck anything in either hole..better try befor october

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Stillen23 said:
yeah, it was the fuse. thanx mark. kinda odd though, since i've never used that socket for anything. how could the fuse have blown. maybe the dealer put a blown fuse in there. i think i should go back and have them give me 60 cents reimbursement. :)
It happened in my car too. I bought it brand new and the 2nd day I plug in my phone charger and it didn't work. I put in the center console and it worked. took it back, they fixed it, it was a fuse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts