The Nissan Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderate User
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a company called SoundGate www.soundgate.com, that manufactures parts for car audio interface. They make CD Changer interfaces where you can hookup aftermarket CD changers to factory HUs, and Remote Audio Control interfaces so that aftermarket HUs can be controlled w/ factory steering wheel audio controls.

The head tech guy Joe, [email protected], sent me an e-mail saying that the company is in the process of making products for our Altima but they had a hard time getting a hold of the 2k2 factory and Bose stereos. If anybody has installed aftermarket HUs on their 2k2 Altimas and might be interested in either loaning them or selling them their factory stereo, please contact him.

I'm interested in their products 'cos some day I'd like to hookup a trunk monted hard drive based MP3 player and control it through my OEM Bose unit, and patiently wait what they could do.

Thanks!

·
Frozen Member
1,962 Posts
lbcgolf said:
There's a company called SoundGate www.soundgate.com, that manufactures parts for car audio interface. They make CD Changer interfaces where you can hookup aftermarket CD changers to factory HUs, and Remote Audio Control interfaces so that aftermarket HUs can be controlled w/ factory steering wheel audio controls.

The head tech guy Joe, [email protected], sent me an e-mail saying that the company is in the process of making products for our Altima but they had a hard time getting a hold of the 2k2 factory and Bose stereos. If anybody has installed aftermarket HUs on their 2k2 Altimas and might be interested in either loaning them or selling them their factory stereo, please contact him.

I'm interested in their products 'cos some day I'd like to hookup a trunk monted hard drive based MP3 player and control it through my OEM Bose unit, and patiently wait what they could do.

Thanks!
sure - $900. lol

·
Moderate User
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2002Altima said:
Why don't you loan them the one out of your car? You are wanting the MP3 player. you might get something for free by helping them develop their product!
Understand that there are benefits to providing the "test mule" as it were. However, I have not replaced my HU w/ an aftermarket stereo. I've no desire to pop in an aftermarket unit in there, so if I were to lend mine, depending on when they come out w/ a product, I might be out of music in my car for months!

Ideally, it would be good for somebody who already replaced the factory stereo w/ an aftermarket HU. Oh well...

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
the bose system hasn't changed since 4th gen Maximas. I wonder why they couldn't use the old harnesses?
Jae

·
werd!
12,146 Posts
Speaking of Radios:

1) Does anyone know if the stock radio ( i have my alti on order ) has pre-outs?
2) Are there any conversion kits allowing me to put my much better pioneer stereo in the oval face plate area that the stock stereo comes with?
3) How good are the stock speakers (Non bose)?

Dont mean to be a jerk, i'm just curious. =) Thanks for the effort for those who reply.

·
Moderate User
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ThurzNite said:
the bose system hasn't changed since 4th gen Maximas. I wonder why they couldn't use the old harnesses?
Jae
Dunno, but has anybody made a CD Changer Interface for the 4th gen Maxima so that you could hook up an aftermarket CD Changer directly to the back of the HU and control the changer w/ the buttons on the HU? 'Cos that's what they're shooting for here.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
i'll try posting in the maxima forums to see if anybody's done this before.
snolden: I saw the dash kit adaptor and it looks ok. Definitely needs to be custom painted to match the stock dash. Otherwise, the fit looks good.
Jae

·
Out of post-whore rehab..
1,099 Posts
Here's the reponse I got from Joe:

We need a head unit for 60 days or less to do protocoll testing on it must
be changer control capible we will rent or supply some one with some form of
compensation for the use of there deck it will speed up the ability of you
guys to get mp3 or xm in to the factory radios in your cars.
Joe
Tech

> From: "Smiley, Adam L AT2 (NBVC)" <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:17:24 -0700
> To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
> Subject: 2002 Altima Interfaces
>
> Joe,
>
> I found your email on www.altimas.net and I understand your company
> is looking for 2002 Nissan Altima stock stereos to engineer interfaces for
> aftermarket head units. I have installed an aftermarket head unit in my 2002
> Altima, and am curious as to the details of me loaning you my stock stereo.
> If you could reply with any information, it would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you,
>
> AT2(AW) Adam Smiley
> MEASURE Coordinator
> COMAEWWINGPAC Det AIMD
> Calibration Laboratory PMQ AIMDPMA
> Point Mugu, California
> (805) 989-7619 or 7331
> DSN 351-7619 or 7331

I emailed him back asking about steering wheel controls, and I'll let you know when I get a reply. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.