The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"Realistic Dreams"
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator blew on the friday after Thanksgiving . After replacing it on monday the radiator cooling fans will not kick on for some reason . I have checked the fuses , the relays , and the speed and tempature sensors and everything checks out . My question is have you or anyone you know had this problem , I'm out of clues . I would appreciate any info Thanks

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Sounds like someone forgot to hook something back up !!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
lol, i overlooked the radiator changing *small detail* this sounds stupid and you may have already done it, but follow the wires from the fans to the connectors and make sure they are connected, that is about the only thing that could cause that after swapping radiator, but who knows?

·
"Realistic Dreams"
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol precious I was hoping I forgot to hook the wires back up , but not the case . Import tech I was hoping with a title like that you could be a little more helpful than " someone forgot to hook something back up " lol . Everything is in order , all sensors are good , all relays are good , and all fuses are good . the ecu reads out a 1706 code that I don't have a listing for if anyone knows that code let me know . Thanks John

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
are you sure the fans were working before the radiator blew?

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
and you must be overlooking something, if you checked all that stuff like you say you did, there isn't much else it could be other than fried fan motors which i highly doubt. The relay would be the prime suspect, but you say you checked that out so :confused:

·
"Realistic Dreams"
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know I'm stumped , my brother and I checked every thing with the voltage meter . I know it's not the fan motors because when we used the fused jumper wires and ran constant power from the battery , it worked . Have you guys and girls ( Melanie ) ever heard of that 1706 code ?

·
"Realistic Dreams"
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yea . I checked the temp sensor , but I don't see how it could have fried during the swap because I disconected the battery . So I know that is'nt the problem .

·
Bruised Soup
9,479 Posts
the switch is bad somewhere.....if i had my altima, i would look to see where they are located, but i do not....i know that on my jetta that they didnt work but that is because they werent grounded good.....i would check all that stuff, or double check if that is the case....

HBOC

·
"Realistic Dreams"
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope you are'nt right about the radiator cracking because of that Kevin , I hate it when I f**k up and someone has the ability to say " I told you so ". Hit me up sometime Kevin

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
im gonna take a wild crack at it, is it maybe his thermostat. my theory, if the thermostat doesnt open, no coolent throught the system, so that equals that his computer is seeing that it is not getting hot...??? im whoreing. i know im wrong

·
Banned
1,676 Posts
john95se said:
I hope you are'nt right about the radiator cracking because of that Kevin , I hate it when I f**k up and someone has the ability to say " I told you so ". Hit me up sometime Kevin
My neighbor rode around with no anti freeze in her 93 for god knows how long.....well yeah she blew her head gasket....costed her about $1500....You're lucky. $50 for the pred... john right now :D

Sizzo you could have somethin....then again we could both be wrong....but wait he's talkin about the fan??????soooooooo...

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Kevykev said:

My neighbor rode around with no anti freeze in her 93 for god knows how long.....well yeah she blew her head gasket....costed her about $1500....You're lucky. $50 for the pred... john right now :D

Sizzo you could have somethin....then again we could both be wrong....but wait he's talkin about the fan??????soooooooo...
i still think its somthing with the cooling system, try replacing the thermostat, its not expensive

·
"Realistic Dreams"
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's not the thermostat , I replaced that when I put the new radiator in . I think Melanie might be right I think it's the coolant tempature sensor or sending unit . Who knows . I know what I need to do , I need to handle this like a true Texas boy and go outside and grab a BMFH ( big mutha f**ckin hammer ) and go to town on the engine . Thanks for the help guys . Oh yea Kevin the hood is pretty much totaled . It would have cost more to fix it than to buy a new one . There was a good deal on them on here not too long ago . I put the old hood back on and it looks funny , I need to get another one .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts