The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
07AltimaFan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/20...on-2-5-3-5/325804-door-chime-not-working.html and the problems are the exact same for my 2007 Nissan Altima. After the battery was replaced:

1. The door chime (beep) when locking from the handle-button (NOT the horn, that is only from the FOB)
2. The chime (beep) from unlocking the trunk
3. and the A/C memory all do not work (turn on car - set A/C temperature and such - turn off car, turn car back on and state is not saved).

The discussion is about a white box that needs to be pushed in and unless I'm a little off I think they are talking about the actual fuse block?! If there is something I simply missed I'd love some hints! While not operationally stopping the car I've sort of grown lazy and like to have these automated things be..well, automated!!

·
07AltimaFan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So re-reading the full posts linked earlier, the ESS is a factory installed fuse-replacement that apparently some dealers accidentally do not remove. It is to be replaced when the car is sold, and for my case it WAS working. So that tells me that maybe the fuse is blown and I simply can't tell a blown fuse anymore!!

Will take the voltmeter to them and see if all is well.

·
07AltimaFan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SOLVED: Seems the smaller fuses are not clear when they fail. Simple voltmeter check shows the 10 A failed fuse - replaced and the world is right again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts