The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm a newbie with no rating again...that sucks!! Anyway, I got a question for those that installed the leather seats themselves. I am up to the door panels now, does anyone know how to remove the door panels and also, can anyone give me some instruction on how to do them. E-mail me at [email protected] or just post on here if you can. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know what year your car is, or if the procedure differs much between first and second gen, but to remove the door panels on my 94, I had to do the following:

1. remove 3 screws along bottom portion of door panel
2. (regarding door handle you use to pull door shut) pop out plastic screw cover w/ small flathead screwdriver, remove screw, remove handle
3. (regarding handle used to open door) remove screw holding plastic surrounding bezel, un-snap bezel, hold lever open and slide bezel out
(note:be very careful as this piece can break easily while un-snapping it from the door panel, use a flathead screwdriver and pry at each side of it evenly, or the clips may break)
4. Remove window/lock switch panel and unplug wires (I don't recall exactly which direction to pull the panel, I believe you pull it towards the rear of the car then lift up, but not sure)
5. Remove round, plastic snap-on clip from rear portion of panel, near where the locking mechanism is
6. Grab the lower portion of the door panel and pull it away from the door, it is held in by numerous plastic clips, it should "snap" off
7. Lift upward and remove, it hooks onto the upper portion of the door by the window

The procedure is the same for the passnager side door, except that there is a plastic screw cover below the door handle (the one used to close the door). Remove the cover and the screw beneath it. Also, gently remove the power window control with a small flathead screwdriver and remove the screw located behind the switch, unplug the switch. These instructions are assuming that you don't have manual roll-up/down windows, in which case you may need a special tool to remove a clip at each roll-up/down handle. I don't think I forgot anything, hopefully this helps.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Sincere, r u coming to the NYC/LI meet?

I was planning to give a demonstration at the meet on how to remove the door panels. I have a '01.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When is the meet

Hey, when is this NYC/LI meet. I'll definitely come except that I wont be back in the city till monday. I'm in DC working. Let me know. I'm soo behind with the site, i havent been checking it and all of a sudden I had to re-register and I lost my rating and all my posts...BOOOO!!! oh well, Let me know when it is. I definitely want to come through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts