The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time, our 2013 Nissan Altima locked the doors when the trunk lid was closed while the Intelligent Key Fob was sitting in a purse in the front seats. The trunk lid did not lock after the attempt to close it. This is not supposed to happen.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,555 Posts
If the trunk sensor detected the fob, it will not latch. So, the exact placement of the purse may have fooled the system into thinking they were in the trunk...regardless...you were not locked out of your car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car most definitely locked all the doors as the trunk lid was closed. The trunk lid did not latch and remained open but the doors locked. The Auto Club had to open the door lock.

Nissan videos I wTched show how this is not supposed to happen.

previously when this occurred a small child was recruited to crawl through from the trunk to the back seat and into the front seat and opened the doors using the door switch.

time to cut a key and get a magnetic lock box.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,555 Posts
This could happen if the fob antenna located below the centre console has been damaged or disconnected. But a key cut and magnetic box is a far faster, far surer way to work around this glitch in your car. FWIW...my car will not let me do this...rapid beeps if I try to lock the car with the keys still in the cupholder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts