The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is this possible!???? My 2008 Nissan Altima doors locked with my key fob INSIDE the key holder!!!! Never before would my car even allow me to lock the doors if the key was inside. To add insult to injury, my car is running and has been for 45 minutes!!!! Thanks technology :banghead:

·
'12 370Z NISMO | '16 Q50
1,683 Posts
Welcome

Try calling your dealership up and tell them what happened. Something obviously malfunctioned since Nissan's technology isn't supposed to allow that to happen. Either that or call a place like AAA that can unlock your car for you.

·
'12 370Z NISMO | '16 Q50
1,683 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to get the car unlocked. It should be interesting to hear what Nissan has to say about this.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Welcome aboard , always keep 2 sets of keys with you . Never know right !

·
Registered
2 Posts
How is this possible!???? My 2008 Nissan Altima doors locked with my key fob INSIDE the key holder!!!! Never before would my car even allow me to lock the doors if the key was inside. To add insult to injury, my car is running and has been for 45 minutes!!!! Thanks technology :banghead:
Although this post is years old. Same thing happened to me and my key fob is inside. Now waiting for pop a lock because someone stole my spare. 2009 Nissan Altima. I also have groceries and my wallet inside so....I'm screwed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IF YOUR KEY IS IN THE CAR AND YOU LOCK THE DOORS FROM INSIDE BEFORE GETTING OUT AND SHUT THE DOOR IT WILL REMAIN LOCKED BECAUSE IT ASSUMES THAT SOMEONE IS IN THE CAR. If your key is in the car and you try to lock the doors from outside it won't lock. Have two sets of keys and leave ONE SET in the car, lock the door from inside and shut the door, check to see if it remains locked. This happened to me and I was very upset with Nissans claim about not being able to lock your keys inside the car the blame quickly shifted to the sales personnel for not explaining this scenario at the time of the sale. Ours is a 2012 Murano.

·
Registered
2 Posts
IF YOUR KEY IS IN THE CAR AND YOU LOCK THE DOORS FROM INSIDE BEFORE GETTING OUT AND SHUT THE DOOR IT WILL REMAIN LOCKED BECAUSE IT ASSUMES THAT SOMEONE IS IN THE CAR. If your key is in the car and you try to lock the doors from outside it won't lock. Have two sets of keys and leave ONE SET in the car, lock the door from inside and shut the door, check to see if it remains locked. This happened to me and I was very upset with Nissans claim about not being able to lock your keys inside the car the blame quickly shifted to the sales personnel for not explaining this scenario at the time of the sale. Ours is a 2012 Murano.
It let me lock the keys in from the outside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It let me lock the keys in from the outside.
Before we bought the Murano we had a 2008 ALTIMA SL, we never ran into the problem of locking the key in the car, thankful for that. Now I'm curious as to how or why the doors locked from the outside when the key was inside so I'm going to experiment a little to see if I can lock my doors with the key fob in the holder with the car running. I'll be back, tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Before we bought the Murano we had a 2008 ALTIMA SL, we never ran into the problem of locking the key in the car, thankful for that. Now I'm curious as to how or why the doors locked from the outside when the key was inside so I'm going to experiment a little to see if I can lock my doors with the key fob in the holder with the car running. I'll be back, tomorrow.
Well I did exactly what you did and I couldn't lock the doors with the key in the holder w/the car running, also I tried recreating the same situation that locked me out about 6 years ago and lo and behold I couldn't lock the keys in the car, go figure! The only way I was able to lock the key fob in the car was if I had another key with me at the time that I locked the door from the inside or the outside, didn't matter, every other way failed, I needed that second fob. All I can say is I hope it never happens to you again. God bless and safe travels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts