The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderin if nebody has tried ne drag tire/light weight wheels combos on their new altys...or if u have ne ideas..which ones would work good..on a 03 V6.....thanx

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
get volk rims they are light

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
SSR Competion, Rota and the expensive Advan. All of those in about a 16-17 inch rim with a drag radial should put you in the mid 13's.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
yea SSR and ROTA

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanx for the advice..i'm gonna be goin to the track soon ( in a couple weeks).........and i plan on addin maybe 10-15 hp since my last visit to the strip...so i may need some better traction...

·
VTEC & 5.0 owner :wtf:
417 Posts
The Altima trans is not that weak. Unless you are dumping the clutch at 6k with ET Streets the trans will be fine. Drag radials, like Nitto's, will not blow up your trans.

Bwahahaha :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Weld currently has the lightest drag rims bar none. I cant remember the exact weight but i think it was 11.5 lbs for 17's. I think they are making them for fwd offsets as well. The lowest cost way to go would be with the Koseai K1 (dont remember how its spelled) from The Tire Rack They are about 15 lbs and in the 200 dollar range. They can be custom machined to any offset.

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dallas said:
Weld currently has the lightest drag rims bar none. I cant remember the exact weight but i think it was 11.5 lbs for 17's. I think they are making them for fwd offsets as well. The lowest cost way to go would be with the Koseai K1 (dont remember how its spelled) from The Tire Rack They are about 15 lbs and in the 200 dollar range. They can be custom machined to any offset.
wow thanx for the info.....i'll look into the wheels

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think the best combo would be 16's with either 245/50-16 or 255/50-16 tires. For a drag tire, the bigger the sidewall, the better. They're a little smaller, though, so you may run out of 3rd (106-107mph) if you get much faster.

Of course, even better, if you could squeeze 15's over the front discs, there is a much larger selection of tires available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts