The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Nissan Maxima that has been sitting for 3 years and I need to drain the gas out of the tank. I searched this forum to try and find some information on what to do but didn't find any. I have heard from from friends that there are a couple of ways to do it. One is to get a hand pump and insert it into where you fill the gas on the car and a simply pump it out. However, I have read online that this car has something that prevents you from being able to syphon gas directly from where you pump it in. I have also read that it might be able to connect to the fuel pump and get an electric pump and pump the gas out from the fuel pump which I am led to believe is accessible from the trunk. I have heard some cars have a drain plug but I am led to believe this car does not.

Any suggestions? I am selling the car and I just want to get the gas pumped out all the way and then I plan to fill it with premium, fuel cleaner, and then drive it a couple of weeks to clean out the lines and ensure there are no issues with the car before trading it in. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Maxima but most cars now have an access port under the back seat for changing the fuel pump. If the Maxima has this you could remove the back seat bottom, open the port, remove the fuel pump and dip it out. I WOULD NOT USE AN ELECTRIC PUMP FOR THIS BECAUSE OF GAS FUMES AND THE CHANCE OF FIRE OR EXPLOSION.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts