The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone post like the best upgrades and the order of upgrading to get the best performance outta 97 alty GXE? i dont know much bout cars and im learning bit by bit but i've been reluctant to upgrade anything in my car so im running stock other than a few neon lights and what not...so can you guys write up best order/parts what ever to do be the best...and the prices if possible....thnx :)

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
those cool euro clears and APC stickers ;)

just kidding...depends on the style you are looking for? Touring, show, go, (both possibly), etc...let me know on that and I will list a whole bunch of mods you could go for

·
Registered
904 Posts
welcome to .net. if u have a question please search before you ask. if might have already been answered. like the question you ask right now has been asked many times before so i won't waste space by saying it here. again please search.

·
Registered
41 Posts
where in MD do you live, I'm exactly half way between Baltimore and DC, in a little town called Burtonsville, Ive only seen 1 other alty besides mine around (1st gen, green, clear tails, 17"s, and a wing)
This is mine

·
Terrance and Phillip Show
1,378 Posts
aXiS said:
can someone post like the best upgrades and the order of upgrading to get the best performance outta 97 alty GXE?

Robbie Cool said:
get rims, get a system, and get a drop...
Yeah because we all know those are the best PERFORMANCE modifications... go ahead and add to that lots of stickers

·
Banned
117 Posts
I would leave everything stock :D:D :) :p
First you car probably needs basic repairs or could use some money for preventive maintenance. That's if you don't wanna get attention by standing on the side of the road few weeks later. :)
Peace...

·
bah humbug
883 Posts
exhaust(price depends), intake( also depends on wai ro cai), headers( i think swa has them for high $300), rims, adjustable coilcovers, turbo($4,000)

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Hell yeah!!! KAD24DET!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live around Gaithersburg half way between DC and Frederick...

·
Am I still a NOOB?
2,082 Posts
My opinion, save money and get the textbook modifications, aka:

Intake, exhaust, drop, and wheels. Then don't spend and save money to get a turbo build. Expect to spend at least 5 grand. People say 4 grand, but that's only for the stage one kit. I'd recommend the stage 2 which is around 4500 I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. And then the remainder for install. Then maybe a few hundred on top for boost guage and turbo timer.

619 Posts
Welcome to the .net, but don't let these veterans clown you! Altezza's are the first mod you should get! It's a little known fact but altezza's increase hp, and improve aerodynamics. You could probably shave five-tenths of a second off your 1/4 mile by installing some altezzas.

j/k.......search....and do it quick before the lord of the search mod finds you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts