The Nissan Club banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
GO BRUINS
475 Posts
Never thought I would see this thread... this is the most comfortable car I have sat in.

The only slight complain I have is my right leg/knee rubs on the edge of the stereo... but I have gotten used to that and adjust my leg properly now that it does not even bother me.
my G35 seats were so uncomfortable on my back...(had surgery years ago)

This car is so comfortable.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't know if I agree. Neither me or my gf are really impressed by the seats in my sl. Normally I drive with the front seat back kinda far and a little recline. I just started changing the bottom cushion level to alleviate pressure on my leg. I had the front of the seat low and now I raise it up more. I feel like my 2011 had better seats

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm 6'3", 210 and I find the seats comfortable. I have very long legs, so maybe that's the difference from the other guy. I don't have a problem with the headrest.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I feel like when I test drove an sv it was more comfortable

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't know if I agree. Neither me or my gf are really impressed by the seats in my sl. Normally I drive with the front seat back kinda far and a little recline. I just started changing the bottom cushion level to alleviate pressure on my leg. I had the front of the seat low and now I raise it up more. I feel like my 2011 had better seats
R u midgets or obese or what? Theses seats are awesome...:cheerleader:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Every post of yours I've read. Shows that your rude and not helpful. No we are not midgets considering I sit with my seat far back. I won't say they're the worst seats I've sat in but my 2011 was way better. I get a pain on the back side of my thigh from these seats.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Nah, I'm just making jokes...

If your saying your hamstrings hurt I'd recommend u try straightening the back a bit and lowering the back of the seat while raising the front of it. Also adjust the lumbar back if you have the sl seat...

·
Registered
277 Posts
My hamstring is fine it's the back of the thigh. I raised my seat a little and seems better so far

·
Registered
481 Posts
keep playing w it till u find 0 gravity...

I'm getting ready to do a 1800 mile trip so I'm sure I'll get to discover many seat positions..

·
1,728 Posts
Please try and not offend your fellow members when posting on the forum.
If anyone does find something objectionable, feel free to let one of the moderators know so it can be removed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used to have a 2013 Sonata, which I really liked, but started getting severe neck and shoulder tightness. I attributed it to the seat shape, and the relatively-low top edge of the windshield causing me to scrunch down. (I'm 6'5".) I could barely drive the thing....so, I traded it on a 2013 Altima. And my neck and shoulder tightness continued.....sigh.

So, finally saw a doctor, and got several weeks of physical therapy. Turns out that I had very poor mobility from head to foot, probably due to the fact that I am an avid cyclist and spend many miles scrunched over the handlebars. I started doing lots of stretching and strengthening exercises and working on my posture, and am doing much better now. Now the seats don't bother me; in fact, they are extremely comfortable.

Of course, I can't help but wonder if I had gotten PT first, I might still be driving the Sonata, but oh well.....I like the Altima better anyways. (Especially going from the 4 cylinder to the 6 :) )

Anyways, just food for thought....

·
Banned
854 Posts
I'm fat and find the seat better than the leather ones in my 2003 Mustang Mach1.

Also, I don't find your line offensive at all.

·
1,728 Posts
I didn't find it offensive either, but I'm not easily offended, so just want to make sure we're all happy. I've been corrected for not using politically correct terms in the past, but to be honest, sometimes I find the politically correct terms more offensive and/or annoying! Everyone's different, we each have our touchy areas.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I used to have a 2013 Sonata, which I really liked, but started getting severe neck and shoulder tightness. I attributed it to the seat shape, and the relatively-low top edge of the windshield causing me to scrunch down. (I'm 6'5".) I could barely drive the thing....so, I traded it on a 2013 Altima. And my neck and shoulder tightness continued.....sigh.

So, finally saw a doctor, and got several weeks of physical therapy. Turns out that I had very poor mobility from head to foot, probably due to the fact that I am an avid cyclist and spend many miles scrunched over the handlebars. I started doing lots of stretching and strengthening exercises and working on my posture, and am doing much better now. Now the seats don't bother me; in fact, they are extremely comfortable.

Anyways, just food for thought....
That is great food.

Im 6ft 5 as well. I think us giants need to stretch more and more as we age. My workout use to be a lot more lifting vs stretching. Now I stretch more and lift light...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm fat as well. I think the seat is pretty comfortable, though I was in Seattle stop and go traffic this weekend and at one point my right leg was going a bit numb from a 2 hour drive. All is good though.

·
Hal in Va near D.C.
187 Posts
More comfortable than my last car by miles.
Also tested new version of my old car(Azera) and my lower back was not happy after a 15minute test drive.
On the other hand, from DC to Toronto and back in the 3.5 SL my back was very happy.

·
Real cars R badged Nissan
107 Posts
I rented a 2013 Sonata recently, a chevy spark, camaro, and 2013 camry. I hated the seats on every one of the vehicles. After experiencing all those vehicles, I learned to appreciate the seats I have on my altima. Im currently on the prowl on craigslist for the leather seats. Anybody want to change their leather ones for my clothes? +$300 :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anybody else find the drivers seat uncomfortable. I am 6ft 2 in 230 lbs and cannot get comfortable. The worst part is the front edge (bolster) of the seat presses up into my leg and causes it to fall asleep. I find that I cannot adjust properly.
I just bought a new 2014 with high hopes for the zero gravity seats, but I find them to be so uncomfortable. I am sure the seats would be very comfortable if I were in a spaceship, but while driving a car, the seat position is sub-par. There is no support under the butt, and too much support under the thighs. I feel like I am sunk into a bucket, and after a half hour, it starts to bother my back too. I have tried every seat position. Anyone have a solution that works for this problem? Can the dealer adjust the seat angle?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I rented a 2013 Sonata recently, a chevy spark, camaro, and 2013 camry. I hated the seats on every one of the vehicles. After experiencing all those vehicles, I learned to appreciate the seats I have on my altima. Im currently on the prowl on craigslist for the leather seats. Anybody want to change their leather ones for my clothes? +$300 :D
LOL... funny I actually test drove a 2013 Sonata when I was in the hunt for a vehicle.. boy am I glad I did not buy that thing.

My buddy has a 2011... and all I will say is my Altima feels like Luxury compared to his.

My GF bought a 2013 Elantra, and once again all I will say is my Altima feels like Luxury.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you don't like the Altima seat, you're a big whiner who needs to buy a more expensive car. This is best you will get at this level of car, now get over it.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts