• My genital sores are acting up again

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A fellow car lover at my work and I were discussing this. Out of the 20 or so guys at my work 15 of them drive SUV's. They're all older guys without alot of automotive knowledge, which my friend says is why they bought SUV's. I don't really agree with him, but I figured I'd ask my unbiased online rice community :D

Btw, this is because I told him I might look at a 4runner :(

·
Registered
692 Posts
unless they have to, i dont know why anyone would want to drive one around in this day and age. fuking retarded. poor gas milage, hard to park, albeit safer when you get in an accident, but also much easier to get in an accident.

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,795 Posts
I don't have a problem with people who own SUV's, I have a problem with people who own SUV's and never take them off-road. I'd get one myself since I love camping and shyt... the outdoors in general. I just can't afford it right now.
SUV's for asphalt all the time = :davey:

·
Registered
128 Posts
No point to one. A minivan or station wagon (there are some kickass ones out there, too) have more carrying capaticy. It can't go offroad, as much as it would like to pretend it can.

There are FEW worthy SUVs out there.

·
14,455 Posts
They may be safer in an accident, but they roll much easier too. The only reason i would buy an SUV was if i needed the room to carry wood, sheetrock, etc. And even then, i would consider going the minivan/station wagon route.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
suv's that are designed for the road ... murano etc. are retarded.

if it cannot go off road its totally useless, thats what the extra clearance is for, and this bs that u need extra clearance in the snow is crap, an Audi Avant Quattro or Volvo CrossCountry (note: station-wagons & awd) have no problem(from what i see with the neighbors).

grocery getting and kids to soccer practice in an Excursion is where the retardation is strong.

·
14,455 Posts
My neighbor has an excursion and that's basically what they use it for (bring kids around, shopping, etc). It's so retarded. The thing is frikken' HUGE!! I bet it only gets 10mpg too. :smack:

·
Registered
128 Posts
dsuave624 said:
When the weather is shitty and it is snowing 12+ inches like we had at least 5 times last winter, I see the need for one.
Bullshit. I used my Altima to push an SUV out of a hole it had spun itself into. I put a towel between our bumpers and just gassed it. I was still stock height with stock tires. The dude was insanely embarrassed that a 2wd grocery-getter 4-banger rescued his 4wd v8 boat.

·
1,873 Posts
I hate SUVs!!! The owners think because they are driving a military tank around that they cannot get hurt. Therefore they are not the safest drivers.

Following behind a moving HOUSE sucks!! One cannot see past these dump-trucks! When I see a moving building on the road and its going 10~15mph under the speed limit in the FAST lane, I always guess correctly that its a woman talking on her cell phone clogging up traffic!!! :angry2: :angry2:

Ban SUVs!!!

...........stop your addiction to OPEC!
.........Sale your SUV!!

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
True, I forgot about that, when you're coming up to a light right behind one and you have no idea whether it's green, yellow, or dead red and you just hope you're not running the light...

·
Registered
128 Posts
SUVs are mor prone to accidents, especially in snow. For example, the average car weighs 3000 lbs, while the average SUV is at 5000 lbs. Brake in the snow, and a small car's all-season tires will do more to stop 3000 lbs than any snow tire will do for 5000 lbs. The inertia of the thing is just too great. Not to mention that most SUVs don't have much more ground clearance than a stock Altima.

You want snow handling? Get a 4wd sedan, such as a WRX or Audi quattro and slap on sume snow tires. SUVs just don't get the job done: dry, snow, mud, dirt, rain, or shine.

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I were ever to get one, this is what I would be doing every weekend

4runner s/c 4.7l v8 352hp, 359lb/ft, 0-60 in 5.9

·
4,020 Posts
I have a SUV, and I love it, I don't go off roading much, but it is nice to have the shift on the fly 4 wheel drive for the snowy winters here in Syracuse (considering we get the most snow of any metropolitan city). And my SUV has one of the highest stock ground clearances, and is a lot higher then any Altima. Also considering my SUV holds its value then most cars on the road, is yet another reason for me to own one.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Most people who drive SUV's should be put to sleep.

Not all of them, but most of them.

I'd get one a secondary vehicle if I had a family, but I would never get one of the land barges, nothing bigger than a FX.

EDIT:
God I love love my sig, what i would'nt give to bend Ana Paula the arm of my sofa and get buck wild on that ass of tanned perfection.

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
suv's piss me off cause for some reason...they think it hides them from the fact they have little wieners and they think now they're badass and looks down on other drivers....until i laugh at them every other day passin the gas station and they're there fillin up

lowered suv/trucks piss me off more tho...that defeats one of the main points of getting an suv:confused:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts