The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a hobby like this. When she start the car, she some times releases the key from ignition poition before the engine start and restart it immidiately, some times she hold the key at ignition position even the engin already start. I think it is no good for the car. Can any one let me why. Thanks.

·
Auto Tech
4,743 Posts
is it just me or does the topic mean nothing even close to what you wrote about......anyway, yes tell her not to do that, it damages the starter

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
chc26505 said:
My friend has a hobby like this. When she start the car, she some times releases the key from ignition poition before the engine start and restart it immidiately, some times she hold the key at ignition position even the engin already start. I think it is no good for the car. Can any one let me why. Thanks.
Yeah, that is a bad habbit. It will burn out the starter in both cases. Have her try to start the car on the first try and to release as soon as the engine fires up.
Also, might wanna try to put the key in and turn to "on" but not start the car. Then buckle your safety belts, then start the car. This gives the car a chance to get ready to start up.
Jay

·
8,809 Posts
Re: Re: driving hobby

ThurzNite said:
Also, might wanna try to put the key in and turn to "on" but not start the car. Then buckle your safety belts, then start the car. This gives the car a chance to get ready to start up.
Jay
That sounds like your preparing a rocket ship to take off. heh :D

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It actually is good, it prepares the ignition system for the actual ignition, it is also good to let it idle for at least 90 secs to let the oil warm and do it's lubing thing.

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts
chc26505 said:
ignition poition
I wish I had ignition poition too. Is it something like Love poition?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts