The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Firday ringleader
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may sound silly, but my buddy wants me to verify (hes anal about such things)....... he wants to start teaching his 15yr old sister to drive.... she doesnt have a NYS permit, so driving on the streets is out of the question... however, (this is the silly part) is there a law that says he cannot teach her in a parking lot such as in a supermarket?

·
Firday ringleader
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how enforceable is this? lets say they are in an empty lot, and he is teaching her..... will a cop really drive in there and check for a permit/license?

·
Firday ringleader
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
werd... thanks guys.

·
Firday ringleader
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
altyka-t said:
theres a spot in brooklyn where you wont get into trouble.
where is this?

·
the newb
3,910 Posts
just go to a highschool parking lot after school, somewhere with alot of room to drive around, that's where i learned how to drive and where i've taught a few other people to drive...

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
I taught my sister how to drive and drive a manual when she was 15 yrs old and didnt have a license. We were in a huge parking lot of a park and nobody was really around. The cops drove up to us to see what exactly we were doing because the park we were at, people "meet" there and do "things" in the forest area. But anyway, he asked my sister if she had a license or permit and she said no, and he just told us to be careful and to not go out of the lot.

·
4,020 Posts
Is it illegal, yes.

If you get into an accident, hit something or even if a cop wants to be a dick, you both could be ticketed, and you could lose your insurance.

Plus, you could have charges pressed against you by the company that owns the property for trespassing.

·
Firday ringleader
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Altima2000 said:
thats where my friend got ticketed for drifting...
yeah, lol, exactly... Floyd Bennet field has its own police station... not the best area to practice stunt driving.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i was practicing launching my car there and the cops didnt bother me. You gotta do it in one of the parking lots not on the main road. I also got a chance to watch the popo's practice chase manuvers.

Where exactly was your friend when he was ticketed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
this may sound silly, but my buddy wants me to verify (hes anal about such things)....... he wants to start teaching his 15yr old sister to drive.... she doesnt have a NYS permit, so driving on the streets is out of the question... however, (this is the silly part) is there a law that says he cannot teach her in a parking lot such as in a supermarket?
thanks you for your post, if you need any car driving lessons then i will suggest you a amazing site they are provide very good services in low cost. interested? so why you are waiting check out this site -

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It depends on how easy going the police are. Any lot is private property and the owner can ban the use of it for that and then the police will run you off over it after he asks them to. Take Walmart, once they have uniformed police and traffic signs on the parking lot the police can bust you just like on the street. If things become a problem like loitering then the police can flip it to go tell the private owner to do something about the problem and then if they don't the police do it themselves, there are always laws on the books to deal with things like that, the police kick in your personal private door all day long don't they????

Just try telling one not to and see what happens, all cities at some point give all power to the police to control things when needed.

The problem is one of control, when you stand up to threaten loss of that to a cop they immediately move most other more minor laws aside to do what they have to to re-establish control.

We at one time had American Airlines pull out to leave a massive airstrip section unused and that summer we had full all out dragracing for most of it and the police even brought some drag cars themselves. Somebody even brought a Christmas tree. Great fun for all and people watched others to run off the lunkheads as unwelcome and the cops were happy with it. The strip went on for 8000 ft. but right behind what we turned into the 'pits' was a drop-off cliff of 75 ft. straight down. Nobody went that way at all. After several months of that action one night a group of idiots got the idea to streetrace out there and they did it for a sizeable chunk of cash. When the two cars took off, the girl that flagged them was standing there and one guy from one of the cars ran up to her and knocked her down to take the double handful of winnings. It was all a setup, the others with that guy feigned losing and came back to quickly pick up the guy and took off the WRONG WAY down the strip, they were new and did not know. The other car came and picked up the girl and found out and then chased the first hard pressing them to go faster, they knew about the cliff. The first car ran off of it at 100 mph and did not contact earth for a LONG way, killing one inside and severely injuring the others. Needless to say, the whole dragstrip thing died instantly, people coming up there were told to leave or go to jail, the two choices there. The whole area was fenced off at all entry points a couple days later.

The police play right along.................until they don't any more. It's not up to us when that changes. Usually some social moron messes things up like always.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts