The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I had a lose key that I took out of my pocket (luckily not a very needed one), and it bounced off the center console and fell through the crack between the driver seat/center console. I tried shining my phone inside and didn't see it anywhere. Does anyone have any good/easy techniques for finding a small object (key) and ways of retrieving? My hand doesn't fit too well and I'm not able to see it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
456 Posts
It's either inside or outside of the seat track. Move the seat all the way up and look. If you don't see it, move the seat all the way back and look.

This can't be a real question.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi Guys!

I had a lose key that I took out of my pocket (luckily not a very needed one), and it bounced off the center console and fell through the crack between the driver seat/center console. I tried shining my phone inside and didn't see it anywhere. Does anyone have any good/easy techniques for finding a small object (key) and ways of retrieving? My hand doesn't fit too well and I'm not able to see it.

Thanks!
For $5 at Harbor Freight you can get a 95lb pull magnet. It's got a casing so that only one side will grab stuff. Put it on a shoe lace and drag the river.....or seat track.

66mm Round Magnet

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,635 Posts
I was just wondering if our Intrepid User would remember to use a 95lb test shoelace...otherwise getting the magnet off the metal seat track could become an even bigger problem :devil

·
Registered
318 Posts
Might be faster just unbolting the seat and pull the whole thing out.
disclaimer anyone??? I'm just saying if he cant just simply move the seat forward or backwards to check under it, then he is not gonna be able to remove it altogether let alone put it back when he's done. I just don't want to see him mess up his ride. Were all honestly here to help, just poking a lil fun that's all. when you do find your missing key, do your self a favor and get these.

Hotsale 2X Car Seat Pad Gap Space Filler Soft Stop Drop Catcher Holster Blocker. there are about 5 bucks on ebay, this will ensure this never happens again.:devil

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was just wondering if our Intrepid User would remember to use a 95lb test shoelace...otherwise getting the magnet off the metal seat track could become an even bigger problem :devil
Damn, I should've put some kind of legal disclaimer indemnifying me of any liability:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
They're on sale on amazon for $19.99 for two.

Just placed my order. Not sure why I did not sooner.
Nice! I think I got them from Amazon myself. You'll wonder how you made it this long haha

I think I got mine within the first week or two of this Altima, never really had the issue that bad but these cars it's quite the abyss.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I imagine it make sliding the seat forward/aft more difficult.
Not at all... Just put mine in.

It's like a squishy material, kinda of silky. Covered the gap well.

You have no idea how many times I had to catch my phone before it fell thru that gap while driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys!

Thanks!
Hi Guys!

Thanks!
I've honestly never had as many issues with things dropping and disappearing in between my seat as I have with this Maxima. And I've tried everything to be able to retrieve what I've lost. Nothing works. I'm probably gonna have to remove the seat and then put it back. It will be like a treasure chest cause of so much falling. So I get it. I know moving the seat back and forth doesnt always work. Mostly when theres a metal cover piece over the part of the track that your item fell in to. Hope you had better luck retrieving your key then I have.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts