The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy wants to sell me dry nitrous from his VW his selling for 500$ is it worth it he told me i gotta upgrade my ignition ... to MSD ... Some one give me info what i need to upgrade for nitrous also i have stock internal i dont want to blow my engine right away ....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dude don't buy a dry kit get wet it is a lot safer trust me i have plenty experience with NOS i had a 12 sec sentra on nitrous for more than 3 years. You don't have to upgrade your ignition unless you go over around 100 shot. Dry is going to kill your pocket because to be able to spray mor than say a 75 you will need to get bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump. with wet all you need is a good fuel pump.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
if you have $500 to spend on a nitrous kit, get a direct port setup, or the new setups that mount under your fuel injectors so you dont have to drill into the manifold like you do with normal direct port setups. I paid $100 for my dry kit used, if I had more money, i would have went direct port or wet, but the price was too good to pass up at the time. and if you are only doing up to a 75 shot on a 4cyl KA or QR motor, you dont need to upgrade anything besides the plugs. the stock fuel system will be just fine

·
back for the last time
740 Posts
Do not pay $500 for a used dry kit, get a new wet kit. Just like the two post above mine, all you need to do it get plugs and if you run a 65 or 75 shot you will need to retard your timing.
If I was you I would find a good local shop and have them help you out, n2o will kill your motor if your not careful (and sometimes if you are).

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
go ahead and try to run a 75 shot wet on your engine with no changes but plugs... can you say ping ping ping boom?

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
and what else does he NEED to upgrade in order for it to run correctly? and Im not talking about adjusting, i mean replacing with something else. the stock engine setup except for plugs can handle a 75 shot from my understanding

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
sleeperalti said:
and what else does he NEED to upgrade in order for it to run correctly? and Im not talking about adjusting, i mean replacing with something else. the stock engine setup except for plugs can handle a 75 shot from my understanding
ive run almost 20 bottles on my setup and i guarantee that had it been plugs alone, this thing would have gone boom long ago. msd isnt absolutely required but i can tell you, its no fun on a ka with retarded timing and cold plugs. n/a its simply a beast to drive - no power and lag out the ass. so yeah, it can be done, but its no fun unless youre on nitrous. i prefer to have all of my power no matter what i may be doing. i see it this way, do it right or not at all. "right" to me is the total package, ignition and all.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
asleepaltima said:
ive run almost 20 bottles on my setup and i guarantee that had it been plugs alone, this thing would have gone boom long ago. msd isnt absolutely required but i can tell you, its no fun on a ka with retarded timing and cold plugs. n/a its simply a beast to drive - no power and lag out the ass. so yeah, it can be done, but its no fun unless youre on nitrous. i prefer to have all of my power no matter what i may be doing. i see it this way, do it right or not at all. "right" to me is the total package, ignition and all.
well, the only thing in MY setup that is missing is the ignition. but from what I understand, the stock setup can handle a 75 shot. I personally like having as much done to my car as possible, so I'm pretty safe, to a point, on what I have done and how it runs. on a completely stock car and just a nitrous install, I think its a waste, but to each his own. soon, nitrous will just be a lil kick for me. I have other BIGGER things planned for the altima this winter. The G will be the DD while this is happening.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
to tell you the truth, unless youre planning on going more than 11 lbs of boost on your ka, youre not going to be faster than a 75 shot ka. i personally like my nitrous setup. i would rather have had a turbo, but for the power and for what ive spent, the nitrous seems to have been the better choice.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
you dont "need" them. but i guarantee, you drive my car n/a and then drive yours and then drive both while spraying, you will feel a night and day difference. msd digital 6+ retards the timing as much or as little as i want it to whenever im spraying. that allows me to run colder plugs and advanced timing and have no power lag or sloppiness. it also allows me to safely run a 75 shot whenever i feel the need, for as long as i feel the need. i once ran it from 3rd gear to 5th gear all the way to 5500 rpms. not a single ping once. its definitely a better way to run it. safer too.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
actually, i did trade it off. the 240 has the exact same setup. cant go wrong with that setup you know? now heres the kicker. my brother wrecked the altima and i didnt want him to get rid of it, so i traded him back and i fixed it and im driving it again.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
we both did. came out to a little less than 200 bucks... not counting tires. you just have to know where to shop. :)
no new pics though... ill try and get some up though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts