The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im planing to put 2 apexi n1 mufflers on my 2.5s, i already got the 3.5 bumper to go with it but wat do u guys think of it ???dso u thinkit will give it a really deep tone????????

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
LOL you should keep this in a single thread.

In all honesty, everyone gives their "opinion" of what it will sound like. You should ask the guy at the muffler shop, but keep in mind to them something quiet might be loud to you. Go by decibles, usual limit is about 90 I think.

Keep your piping thin to compensate for the dual mufflers, but at the same time make sure you use a resonator and you should get a nice clean sound, dual mufflers on a small displacement motor might sound ricey, but it should sound good.

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
why add the weight? it's kind of pointless to artificialize a dual muffler. i thought about it too, but my muffler guy said it'd be in best interest to leave it single.

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
a chocolate blunt

·
18" SHOES
308 Posts
Special,
Check your email. I sent you a picture of a dual exhaust that might work w/o dropping back pressure. I saw it up here somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look. Basically, put a magna flow muffler directly behind your cat and have a muffler shop run the rest of the pipe to the rear bumper. From there just weld tips on the existing piping. OK, I just got a reply that your email isn't working so just pm me w/ one that does so I can send you the pic. so you can see what I'm talking about.

·
18" SHOES
308 Posts
Alright I found it. Turns out it was Altimat who did it on his 3.5. I think this will work on a 2.5 because it seems as if it would be no different than adding a hi flow muffler. I may be wrong though, but I'm sure if I am someone will tell me. Oh yeah and where did you get your 3.5 bumper and how much did it cost you? Anyway here is the link:

http://www.altimas.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=570668

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
Kaze101 said:
why add the weight? it's kind of pointless to artificialize a dual muffler.
or a carbon fiber hood....:D

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
justballinzinthealtima said:
do what ever you want its your car don't let people oppinions change your mind..:rolleyes:
i agree......

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
i am considering a single exhaust after BJ's results. Anybody considering a dual exhaust on a white 2.5 that would trade?

I am not sure about doing it but i have done some research on it.

the 350Z single exhaust conversion added a like amount of performance and the weight reduction was about 30 ish pounds.

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
if u do that,what would u do with ur extra exhuast???sell it to someone on this site?(like me)hahaha

·
614 Posts
Re: i would copy

snolden said:
BJ 3.5SE and go with a single Apexi muff and sell my stillen's fairly cheap to someone (maybe you)
Yea...i really like my Single exhuast....it toke off around 30#'s and sounds killer.....I don't have ne sound clips, but maybe EWood420 might. I think he may also have pics. up of what his exhuast system looks like.
:D
If we can get enough heads together, i might be able to get the guy to make a batch for u guys, and have them shipped.
BTW, if u do get the APEX make sure u get the 21/2" inlet size muffler.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts