The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ATHENS (AFP) - Olympics Games organisers ordered beefed-up security at all venues after an embarrassing breach involving a Canadian man who leapt into the pool during a synchronised diving event.

The order to step up security was launched after the 31-year-old, dressed in a tutu and clown shoes, mounted one of the boards and plunged into the water during the competition Monday evening.

He stayed in the pool for several minutes before officials at the Aquatic Centre realised he was not supposed to be there and pulled him out.

Marton Simitsek, CEO of the Athens organising committee, told a press conference that the man "wanted to present a message to his wife by getting on television."

"He took off his shirt and he had a message on his chest," Simitsek said.

In fact the message carefully printed on the man's bare chest was the name of an online gambling website, which has launched similar stunts at a host of major sporting events.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/oly_2004_security

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
WILLDOGS said:

He stayed in the pool for several minutes before officials at the Aquatic Centre realised he was not supposed to be there and pulled him out.
Thats is some scary shit, that this fool was able to do that. **** he could've been a nut case terrorist trying to kill somebody. Crappy security!!!

·
DIY'er
6,658 Posts
i would agree that it was a stupid ploy by the company...
but.. you got to give him credit... he snuck into the thing with a tutu and clown shoes, without any type of suspicision

·
what the deuce?!
170 Posts
security is tight there aint it?

1,407 Posts
Didn't I tell you all that Canadians were funny.

·
godspeed you!
430 Posts
haha...i laugh.

im sure if he was carrying some sort of weapon, box or bag, it would be checked, but he got through with funny looking articles of clothing, no big deal, and probably just leaped over the stands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts