The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get the Falken 512 for $387 mounted and balanced.
I can get the Dunlop 901 for $409 " "

Which one is better? i want one that'll last. I know the falkens have more thread. But which tire is better?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i think i just answered my question. I found some reviews on the Dunlop.....

"he handling is imprecise and in the wet there is very little grip. I wish I could get my $ back!"

"Unbelievably bad in the snow! In all other seasons they are a great buy. I had not bought these to use in the winter so it all works out. Beware if you are looking for a quiet ride these tires are not it!"

"Have to say I am quite pleased with their performance. Great dry and wet handling, and stick good to the road . But too DAM NOISEY!!!! Tires are 1wk old and im begging the tire CO to take these things back they are driving me nuts "

"I got some 205/40R17 and the are great! They grip excellent in wet and dry conditions. I'm quite pleased with them. They only have one fault in my opinion and that is that they are a little on the loud side "

And for the Falkens.....

""An incredible tire all around. I have the 225/40R18 on my 2002 Kia Majentis, and it is by far the best tire I've ever had. And a sweet deal."

"I drive BMW 535 front, rear 225/45ZR 17, 235/45ZR17. Good riding comfort at high speeds, super b grip on WET surfaces.I love this tires"

"Honda Civic - These tires stick like nothing else I have driven on. They are very good in the snow and rain. I will definitely buy these again!"

"1998 Honda Civic. Replaced the crappy Firestone FR680's with these. WOW felt like I was driving a different car. Overall handling was far superior to the stock Firestones. Excellent in the dry and in rain. Logged 21,000 miles already and still performing strong. My ratings are solely compared to my previous tires."

"Terrible tire in snow, mud etc anything off pavement these tires suck. Wet & dry pavement traction not that great but hitting puddles was great no hydroplaning. Tires wore down terribly fast. Not impressed at all. But they were cheap."

"not a very good tire, good price but it only worth for its price. won't buy again. it's better buy toyo or dunlop. don't buy cheap tires"

"I have the 215 45 17 512's and they are the worst tires I've ever ran in the 17 inch. I am now running the 451's and the difference is night and day, prices are damn near the same. I also found that the 502's are a very good tire (too bad they're discontinued). "

Hmmmm....still dont know what to get.

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
get the falkens.. u get decent wear outta them and they are failry sticky.. great in the wet.. i got the 503's they're a great dependable set that'll get you out of trouble, tahts teh most important thing IMO...

dunlop pretty much suck unless u get the high end sports stuff.

·
RIP 6/24/07
1,611 Posts
I have falken 512s on my 95 and the only thing I have to complain about is the fact that they wear really fast I proabably only gonna get 20k out of them. They are exellent in the rain and dry, not the best in the snow but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Pulski said:
I have the Falken Azenis ST115. Spent $450 mounted and balanced. I love 'em. You aren't planning to run in the winter right?

The ST-115 SUCK BALLS.
They're designed for ricers. good grip and aggressive look, but horrible treadwear ratings and horrible temperature resistance.

This is what happens after 10 minutes on a roadcourse:
http://mattblehm.com/pics/car/tires/IM000953.JPG

I got a whole 9,000 miles out of those tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts