The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am new to this shit as I just bought a 94 GXE 5 speed. Anyways the car is burgandy on the exterior which isn't my favorite but I am not going to drop a grand on painting the shit black when the paint is fine. The interior is tan though which I really cannot stand. I did some looking and don't really have the cash to go with leather but would like to trick out the interior if I can. Is it possible to dye the seats and carpet and headliner? Has anyone done this before? http://www.moderncarcare.com/Articles/231deta1.html The site says it only takes 15 minutes to recolor and entire interior??WTF?? Also it states that dealers only pay like $35 to have it done. I figure if it would be like $60 for non-dealers. So if I could get all the fabric dyed I could just remove and paint the plastic and dash. The only stumbling points would be the steering wheel cause of the airbag and the tan belts. Also what are some easy to do mods that wouldn't drain the bank?
Thanks CDub

·
Banned
35 Posts
Go to a Automotive paint company and usually they can mix up paint the exact color of ya car that you can either spray in a spray can or use a lil co2 sprayer that they might have that doesnt cost much at all ....7.00 at the most. Or get the paint you want whichever color and spray your floor, etc etc not the panels though this only works for carpet, tehy take a brush and brush the painted area until it gets nappy then vacum it ..repeat until area is completely covered again it isnt very exspensive jus a few dollars, the paint u can get at an automotive store should work on the panels and give them a good clean look...any other questions jus hit me back......I work at a refinish company so I knwo this will work..make sure u prep the panels with a fine sand paper before spraying though....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts