The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Barkless Dog
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking to add a 10" Boston Sub Woofer with a JL 350 amp to the trunck of my 2002 Altima and wanted to know if anyone has done theDynamat trunk kit themselves? Is it real hard? How big of a difference didi it make?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Try posting in the stereo forum.

I have a 93 GXE. I bought the door kit, got it for $25 off of someone else on the board. I just had to cut the dynomat to the pieces I wanted, and it worked out pretty good. Took the the trunk liner, and started covering everything I could. My trunk lid does not look pretty at all, but it does the job! Just be ready to dedicate a few hours of time if you want to do it right.

·
w00t
107 Posts
i bought the door kit also and it worked great on my 1994...definitley worth doing if u want to show off your system without being laughed at =P

·
Slow & Low
173 Posts
I just put in the trunk kit about 2 months ago, I bought it from www.full-line-audio.com for $75 plus shipping cheapest price I could find it. The kit really makes a difference because the car used to rattle and sound so bad outside, I'd rarely turn it up high. Now It barely rattles. I'd actually like to buy more because the trunk kit really doesn't come with as much dynamat as I thought. I used the extreme dynamat for the trunk lid using a sheetrock knife to cut it, I recommend wearing gloves to work with it because the extreme has a layer of aluminum foil which cuts your hands like a razor. The regular dynamat can be cut with sissors and is really easy to work with.

·
w00t
107 Posts
i found out about that foil cutting a little tooooo late....(my fingers hurt) hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts