The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wooooot! Just got back from the shop a few hours ago and I'm way more than happy! :D I'll try to keep this short lol. Okay, so we did one pull with just the exhaust and headers and got this:
We were cramped for time so we only made one pass with just the headers and exhaust. The results are weird too say the least. What's up with my torque? I lost a few ft lbs......but gained around 33 whp. Huh? Didn't have time for more runs so we moved on. After all the main objective was tuning.

So he began adding timing and fuel....a few times of course about 6 pulls....and we ended up with this!
Soo all in all I went from 199.1 to 246.5 fwhp! And from 223 to 248 torque! :bigok: Could my torque really have been 214.3? Hmmm.

The car pulls sooooooooooooo much harder than with just the headers and exhaust alone! Feels great. Going to the track tomorrow to see what I can do....wish me luck!

Oh and here are some pics of a Ultima STR (with a twin turbo kit he fabricated) that was in the shop the same time as me. http://www.msprotege.com/members/jonlisle20/000_0037.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/jonlisle20/000_0039.JPG
and...a new f-150 pickup in the middle of a transformation into a full track car. http://www.msprotege.com/members/jonlisle20/000_0043.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/jonlisle20/000_0042.JPG
http://www.msprotege.com/members/jonlisle20/000_0047.JPG

Here's a pic of me on the dyno http://www.msprotege.com/members/jonlisle20/000_0050.JPG

Well I apologize if the thread is brief...but I got to go out and drive....more later. Wheeee

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
damn man u got to be kiddin 245 WHP??? jeez thats crazy wit exhaust and headers, wat an increase, im happy for u man, u make us altis proud!

·
Rock & Roll Outlaw
649 Posts
I am stunned. An increase of 46 HP and 25 torque.

All that I can say is that Nissan's VQ is simply amazing.

The headers I understand someone tell me more about this Smart Tuner piggyback.

How does one ..................... So he began adding timing and fuel....a few times of course about 6 pulls....and we ended up with this! ............ add timing and fuel????

BTW I'm jealous as hell! I want a piggy back!!!

·
say when.....
1,504 Posts
Congrats on those #'s! Very impressive!

·
Registered
976 Posts
SHIT WHERE DID HE GO, WE WANT MORE INFO, **** IT GO TO THE TRACK NOW, use all that torque to rip down the gate and start doing some runs, dam I am giddy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
There is a lot more info in my first thread...Dyno #'s (Part 1) And when I say "He started adding timing and fuel....I mean that the tuning session began. He added plus 2 degrees of timing and added fuel where needed...and then pulled fuel from where it war overly rich (high rpms) and so on. My MPG improved greatly from the exhaust system alone. www.idaautomotive.com Dear God he knows his stuff...(makes his own rims, fuel injection systems, rear ends, etc) and a very nice guy! Couldn't recommend his shop more. $995 for piggyback,.....put in his own Wideband O2 senor to tune (then plugging up the bung...unless I want more work done, then it's a simple reinstall of the sensor) and all the dyno runs. Not cheap....but not unreasonable at all. OMG is it worth it! Feels like a whole new car! The piggy back has data logging and everything.....he's sending me ALL the info from today so I can masterba.....I mean LOOK at it....yeah...look at it and compare. Very impressed! Time to start eating the dollar menu at Mc Donald's so I can get the progressive nitrous setup asap. But first...the track! About 6:00pm Eastern time.

Was messing around on route 18 after the install and decimated a 4.6 liter Mustand GT and Honda Acorrd V6...it was ugly.

Will definitely let u know......tires are pretty worn..so I'll see what happens. Gooo Alties! Until then, Jon. :sex:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
that is insanely impressive... I am buying headers tomorrow now :D

please when u get a chance pm me your email I want to see the files hes sending over cause I will be gettin my car tuned with the headers and would like to see his changes..

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
HO-LEE-SHIT. And that's an auto. Can't imagine what that would be with CAMs.

·
The Ricenator
324 Posts
It's almost 9 and no answers yet. What was your run?!?! You better post those times up tonight.....

And if you could, please provide some more information for all of us about this piggyback setup and how it works... and where to get one.

Finally, see if you can talk to him and ask if he knows anyone else who can tune cars like that in other areas. We all can't drive to where you live (where is that anyways?), so see if you can help your fellow altima owners out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1000$, for a piggyback, lol, a piggyback, which piggyback,
oh my god, 200$ on ebay for an SAFC, look up the ECM scematics to our cars, any decent Haynes manual will have it, than simply splice/tap the wires, I did this setup on my old Turbo Tiburon, it
takes about 15minutes for a skilled installer.
250whp for our v6's should be no problem with a good
set of headers, a good exhaust system with the least amount
of restriction, hell throw away the stock cats and put on
some hi flows, im skeptical about the intake since it seems to
be a maf killer which is a step back, the ecu also seems to
be more prone to retard the timing with them on.
I would leave the stock airbox actually, so headers,
at least 2 1/2" exhaust piping with hi flow cats, than simply
drive to your local dyno shop and have them tune the
safc for you, this is a good recipe for 240-250whp easy.
You cant just expect to slap on a couple of mods and
not tune the air/fuel ratio and actually expect too much gains,
I seriously doubt ull get more than 20whp from N/A without
air/fuel tuning and even better something to control the timing,
like a MSD - DIS II.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts