The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just experimenting with different alternative ways with my car audio. I see that dynomat can be expensive. I am wondering if there is anything out there that u could buy, like at a hardware store, that would do a similar job as dynomat. I ahve searched and i didnt come up with anything yet....

·
driven
1,110 Posts
HondaKillah said:
Search can be helpful.:)
He already said that he's searched......:rolleyes:

Try home depot...they have some roofing products that are very similiar to dynamat for much much cheaper.

There is also a product called brown bread. search for this and you'll find the web site.

I plan on using the home depot stuff in the spring when the weather get's warmer

·
Registered
288 Posts
RAAMmat - www.raamaudio.com (but you can get it cheaper)

Fat Mat - search for it on ebay

eDead v.2 - www.edesignaudio.com

There are also things you can get at SOME home depots/lowe's. One of the problem with these is that they're not available at all stores. The other, and biggest, problem with these is that some of them are no good for cars. They are all tar-based...but some of them don't stick as well, and some leave you with the smell of roofing in your car when the weather gets hot. Some specific brands I've heard work well are Peel'n'Seal(or Peal and Seal), and Stormguard.

Also, if you're interested in complete sound deadening, I believe there is a FAQ on it, and that includes stuff about foam insulation as well.

·
'96 Max SE loaded
1,307 Posts
you know that rhino stuff that they spray in truck beds?

i heard they do that for car trunks to if you can find somebody willin, i talked to some dude one time that said he got his done for $150

probly work better than dynamat

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
i used ruberized under coating, pretty much the same as rhino...

3 bucks a can at autozone, it worked alright, not too great....

also smells really bad for like a week or so...

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Bakes said:
He already said that he's searched......:rolleyes:
Obviously not hard enough there professor.
I put in "other than dynomat" and came up with 48 threads stating the some of the same options you just gave.:rolleyes:

posted by Bakes
03 to arrive in 3 weeks!
Lemme guess,another soon to be 3.5 owner.Warming up your attitude already,eh?":flip:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I use RAAMmat...it's awesome, and Rick (owner) is one of the nicest guys you'll ever do business with. The price on his website is $99 for the roll of RAAMmat 60 but he'll sell it on ebay sometimes for $79 and you can also google the terms "lexus, retrodrive, RAAMmat" and you should come up with the website of a friend of his who gives instructions on how to get the discount price of $79/roll.

The eDead v.2 is the same thickness...so it probably works just about the same. I like the fact that you can order it in smaller quantities too. But I'm still glad I went with RAAMmat just because the customer service is great...plus, I don't know about the edead, but the RAAMmat doesn't have a logo on it anywhere which is nice especially if you don't have carpet to cover the trunk lid.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oh, and one more time so people will get it...

It's called dynAmat...not dynOmat

Just think about it dynAmat...dynAmics, dynOmat...dyn-O-mite!!

·
driven
1,110 Posts
[QUOTE
Lemme guess,another soon to be 3.5 owner.Warming up your attitude already,eh?":flip: [/B][/QUOTE]

Seems like you have enough already for the both of us. The guy said he searched give him a break. All you had to say was try other variations such as sound proofing or sound deadoning for different results.

For a moderator you should be more understanding.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Carpet pad and 3M tape work good for the doors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts