The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have heard of and/or used Dynomat in your ride to stop most of the rattling of bass in the trunk. I'm ready to purchase it and see how much noise it stops. My trunk, especially with the spoiler is annoting me. How much is it and what kind should i buy ? And installing it ? How easy is it to do ? Thanks all

·
Got HP?!
303 Posts
It will definately help in reducing vibration. I have been using it in my car for over a year. I bought the Dynamat Xtreme at "Best Buy" for around 40bucks (I think). When you install it, take your time measuring and cutting the mat. Additional things you might want to get are a heat gun (hair dryer) and a heavy duty roller (to press out all of the bubbles and creases).

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Other than the pebbles hitting wheel well, I can hardly hear anything going on outside. My buddy was reving the engine in his Teg trying to race me and I can't even hear that.

May be those rust prohibitant they spray into my doors works as a sound absorbing agent too.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Go to B-Quiet.com they have good deals on a lot of sound insulation. I bought 100 square ft of 'bquiet extreme.' There is also a material called iceguard that you can get from homedepot which is the same material as dynamat. If the rattles are really bad regular insulation will only minimize it. I used spray insulation in the entire trunk area, then a lot of expanding foam (good shit), then the dynamat.

·
Registered
264 Posts
greek, how much did all that cost u? and for one JL W3v2 in my trunk in a sealed box, (new alty) how much will that rattle and how much dampening will i need? estimation ok if ur not sure...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts