The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DZ Coilover Pictures: Mods - Please Keep In General For Viewing

I know that a lot of people have asked about what the DZ's look like dropped. I just wanted to put it here so it would get some views at least for a few days.

The fronts are dropped all the way except for two threads, and the rears are cranked half way up the perch. I was tucking 3/4's of the rear tire, too low for my everyday driving.

I'm beginning to wonder what the hell I was thinking, but it's cool. :p

I'd really appreciate it if this could at least stay here for the night. Many people ask to see pics but don't check the suspension forum. Thanks again!

-Simans82-

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These pictures are AS IS... NO DRIVING ON AN INCLINE... NO LEANING ON A SMALL RISE... they're on flat ground. Just thought I'd add that, sometimes people try to "increase" the drop if you know where I'm coming from... :p

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BoriquaRacer said:
Hows tha ride ? Those white or silver rims. Either way looks good bro.
The ride? If you can even call it that... lol

It's not too bad, but I'm used to the 1" drop on Eibachs, which were VERY nice to ride on. It's a sacrifice, but I definitely like the drop and the ride isn't too bad, just as long as you're riding SOLO.

When I had the rears all the way down, it was a bit much for me, but it definitely looked great tucking the rubber in the back. I'll post a few pics with them all the way down in the rear sometime this week.

They're 18" Silver Motegi MR7's with Nitto NT555's (225/40/18)

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
DeRaNgEd said:
Did you install them????

If so can you answer some questions I have in this thread.

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=313208#post313208
I checked that out earlier. The installation on mine looks exactly like yours... but the lip on the bottom there is definitely ground off. I'm not too sure if that IS the one everyone's always talking about, but I'm for sure it was eliminated during my installation.

I hope I could help :(

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Simans82 said:

The ride? If you can even call it that... lol

It's a sacrifice, but I definitely like the drop and the ride isn't too bad, just as long as you're riding SOLO.

YES YES! SOLO you have to be solo if im not solo i rub but thats on sprints not coilovers

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
95_XE said:
Your car looks great, nice drop, you should tuck the rear though, who cares about the ride:D
lol True... True...

NewAltima - They're VERY easy to adjust, no problems there. It just takes two wrenches to tighten them down once you reach the desired ride height.

Thanks for the compliments. It's very much appreciated. I'll crank them all the way down in the back so you can get a good view of all four corners dropped completely.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To anyone with the Stillen Front end, you'll definitely be CLOSE to the ground with the DZ's dropped all the way. I thought since there are quite a few with the Stillen Front Air Dam that I might be able to help out with a few pics.

·
6,859 Posts
Simans82 said:

lol True... True...

NewAltima - They're VERY easy to adjust, no problems there. It just takes two wrenches to tighten them down once you reach the desired ride height.

Thanks for the compliments. It's very much appreciated. I'll crank them all the way down in the back so you can get a good view of all four corners dropped completely.
the drop in the rear looks the same all the way down and half way down.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mrdeucie said:

the drop in the rear looks the same all the way down and half way down.
I actually haven't posted any pictures with the rear cranked all the way down. Those are all the same pictures with the rear only half way down. I'll take some pics tomorrow of the rear dumped all the way. There's quite a difference once you adjust them all the way down.

Let's just say it makes the front gap look big...

It looked a little funny to me having the rear so low and the front looking jacked up compared to the rear. I just didn't like it, so I evened it out as much as possible.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AltimaVixen said:
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the way the 225/40's fit. We just put 225/40 18" Dunlop W-10's on our car and it stuffs in there sweeeet. Car looks good, Simans.
Thanks AltimaVixen, and you're exactly right. The 225/40's fill out the fender COMPLETELY!

I've been meaning to tell you that the new drop on your car looks great! Definitely a huge difference.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Thanks, bro. The drop is sick and looks good on 18"s. Wonder what your whip would have looked like with the chromies?!?!
But yes, I would definately recommend the 225/40 18 over the 215/35 18 after having had both.

Simans82 said:

Thanks AltimaVixen, and you're exactly right. The 225/40's fill out the fender COMPLETELY!

I've been meaning to tell you that the new drop on your car looks great! Definitely a huge difference.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts