The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my DZ coilovers recently, and i was just wondering if anyone has installed them yet??? I am going to put them on sometime soon and just wanted to know how the install went and if there are any tips?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea didnt mean to give u that breif information. I got kicked off and it sent for some reson, but the install went great. Easy to put on.... The DZ's are a nyce coilover!!!! They give u some extra stuff that other coils dont give u(like washers, bumpers, etc.) The ride qaulity seems to be great!(Well even tho i cant compare to anything else b/c i never drove anything lowered!!) But alot smoother than I thought it would be! Its really easy to adjust them!!! It really changes the look of the car, alot of compliments alreasy!! I'll post some pics soon! Any other questions abotu them, i'll be glad to answer, just e-mail me at [email protected]!

CJ

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sounds great... how do you adjust the ride height?

I know that GC's have the "one hand adjustmant" and the Weapon-R's involved a wrench, but how do these work?

I may have read it somewhere, but I just don't recall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its pretty easy to lower the Dz coils also, not as easy as the gc's b/c they only have the one wrench, but the DZ's have the two wrenches. The struts that I bought were just the stock gabrielle gas struts from pep boys(funds were gettin a lil low) and they are great. I was going to get the kyb's but some guy i talked to said that they have cracked in the past and to just buy the gabrielles..... But no modifications other than the grinding of the strut column(if u know what im talking about) so the coilover sleeve will fit! You have to do that on most of the struts to fit the sleeve. Pics should be here by tonight or tomorrow so check back....

·
Nympho
176 Posts
curious.... how low did u set the coil's? and how low do u think it dropped? just out of curiousity what did u pay for those gabrielles? kyb's arent that expensive imo. but who knows

did u replace the strut mounts and cv joints too?

·
te mete una chinga
101 Posts
CJAltima822 said:
Its pretty easy to lower the Dz coils also, not as easy as the gc's b/c they only have the one wrench, but the DZ's have the two wrenches. The struts that I bought were just the stock gabrielle gas struts from pep boys(funds were gettin a lil low) and they are great. I was going to get the kyb's but some guy i talked to said that they have cracked in the past and to just buy the gabrielles..... But no modifications other than the grinding of the strut column(if u know what im talking about) so the coilover sleeve will fit! You have to do that on most of the struts to fit the sleeve. Pics should be here by tonight or tomorrow so check back....
Cool thats where I was stuck. I was wondering weather I should grind or hammer the strut column cap off. Thanks for the info. Also, how did you mount the rear springs without the spring alignment caps? I noticed the altima dz set only came with 2 caps for the fronts.:confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts