The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Auto Tech
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
help car stalled and runs like shit

Today after work I noticed when I started the car, the e-brake and battery lights were both on...but i checked the ebrake, so i checked the ebrake, not it. Whenever the rpm's go past 4, the lights go off, and when it goes under 4, they come back on...sometimes the airbag light does the same thing. I know nothing is wrong with any of them, but why the lights on?

Yesterday I sprayed it a little with some stuff called Blue Max, just a little in the engine, not a lot at all....what could i possibly have sprayed to make the car stall? and electrical things screw up?

My friend said it might be the fuel injector is that possible?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Also check the belt tightness, and don't play your system untill you get it fixed or you could wind up stranded.

·
Auto Tech
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuuuuuuuuck, i wish i would have read this before my car died, now what the hell am i supposed to do....

All of a sudden i was driving and the cd player kept turning on and off and all the lights on the car started dimming, then the engine was losing power, and finally the speedometer just went to 0, then car just slooooowed to a stop and stalled.....freakin pisses me off!!!!

My friend came to give me a jump cuz i thought it was the battery, but it just died again 30 seconds afterwards....

WHAT DO I DO NOW, MY CAR IS IN SOME PARKING LOT!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well if you can get a fully charged battery and the distance is short you might be able to get her home by swapping the batteries. Don't use A/C, radio and lights (do it in the daytime).

Jay

·
Banned
0 Posts
Jump the car, and give it a few minutes to recharge the battery. If you can, get it to a mechanic. Alternator time.......

·
Registered
129 Posts
check the alternator

·
350Z
6,057 Posts
djsassan said:
Jump the car, and give it a few minutes to recharge the battery. If you can, get it to a mechanic. Alternator time.......
you can't recharge the battery because the alternator isn't working, get a new battery and get there fast as reaquino said

·
105hp OWNS
128 Posts
hahahahha Sorry man I just think it is funny. I did the same shit I was like "You F*@$king piece of shit car dont lie to me, I know your not broken". Then I drove it around for another day and what do you know my radar detector said "Low Voltage" thats when I figured it wasnt bullshit and I knew when I shut off the car it wasnt going to turn back on. Good people at firestone helped me. Sorry about your alternator but trust me replace the bitch your self unless you want to pay like $400.

·
Registered
202 Posts
same happened to me too...alternator died on the way to work. i borrowed a friend's battery to get me home then we put a new alternator in and its fine.
Hope it all works out for you :)

·
Banned
0 Posts
osama said:

you can't recharge the battery because the alternator isn't working, get a new battery and get there fast as reaquino said
it can recharge if you do let it run for a few, if it has any voltage left....not much, but a bit

·
Banned
0 Posts
DeAdMaN said:
Good people at firestone helped me. Sorry about your alternator but trust me replace the bitch your self unless you want to pay like $400.
Firestone eh? $400?

Cost me around $185-200 for the alternator with a lifetime warranty, $40 to install. Much less than the 400 you mentioned

·
wannabe member....
151 Posts
Hey teabagga, here's my two cents worth. Do NOT get a alternator from an aftermarket outlet. (i.e. pepboys, autozone, o'reilly's). Get one from the dealership. When Nissan remanufactures an alternator they really do. Other re-manufacturers just clean a used one and replace the brushes. Mine cost $230 US from the dealer but its better than paying 100 dollars a year on [email protected]$$ remanufactured sh*t from autozone.

Take from me, i'm on my fourth alternator on a 95 with 130K milege. I've learned my lesson.

Brian g;)

·
Malfunctioning Member
1,285 Posts
teabagga said:
fuuuuuuuuck, i wish i would have read this before my car died, now what the hell am i supposed to do....

All of a sudden i was driving and the cd player kept turning on and off and all the lights on the car started dimming, then the engine was losing power, and finally the speedometer just went to 0, then car just slooooowed to a stop and stalled.....freakin pisses me off!!!!

My friend came to give me a jump cuz i thought it was the battery, but it just died again 30 seconds afterwards....

WHAT DO I DO NOW, MY CAR IS IN SOME PARKING LOT!!!
Sounds just like my story, except I was stuck in the Willis Ave projects. Just be thankful your car wasn't stuck over there....they stole my fucking hubcaps man!! :mad:

·
10,560 Posts
if your going to buy a nissan one, purchase it from Dave Burnette and have a local mechanic put it in. I'm sure it'll be a HELL of alot cheaper that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts