The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone from Altimas.net e-mailed me earlier and asked a question what things should be done on a vehicle and in which order. Here is my take on it, you all say what you think
Here is the order:
1)Appearance-outside is what people see first-drop and rims. If a body kit is your thing then go for it (not mine), and PLEASE NO SINGLE WIPAHS....
2)Sound-music/exhaust/intake-classy not trashy-if it sounds like crap, it must be crap
3)Interior-I LOVE CLEAN INTERIORS-whether its a dash of custom vinyl/tweed/leather, mixed with a nice shift knob, e-brake handle, dash kit, it needs to be color matched to something (not red car, yellow dash kit, and other crap like that)
4)Go-performance-ahhh...what to say..if you got the money, spend it wisely, many "custom" choices are usually dumb and don't do crap for your money on their own...However, do a few of these things at the same time, and watch your HP go....
This is my order of things, if you are into show and go...
If you are all go, you might go backwards, or mix it up. This is my sixth fully customized vehicle, and I have almost always followed these steps (sometimes out of order) but generally, what's the point of having 18s and no drop, or hammered with no wheels?
Just my $0.02 I wanted to share with you....

·
"Realistic Dreams"
139 Posts
That's my take also. just dont have a car that looks fast but isnt. I think lowering is always a good first step. imo

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
First off. I know most peoples cars are under contruction. So if someone has a body kit they are most likey getting more mods in the future. Second, thats your opinion every does what they like rice or not. I am doing performance first before I can back up the looks. Cheap is only bad when it looks bad or acts bad. My clamps ride fine cause I dont hit bumpy roads often in my area. My fiberglass hood is almost done and I spent $100 and alot of time to perfec it. I dont see as different I see it as a project that will look ghetto its shaving about 30lbs and looks like a stock hood. To some they would like that better then a cf hood since most dont like the look.

·
DRGN4DR
2,316 Posts
body kits make u look fast? funny cuz im getting one, and i could give 2 shits about go now..if someone wants to race...ill just blow them off...

and bullet499...im getting body kit, and i have a stock muffler, will have it for awhile too...

·
*Bluebird Atessa Ltd*
179 Posts
SPL Hertz said:
body kits make u look fast? funny cuz im getting one, and i could give 2 shits about go now..if someone wants to race...ill just blow them off...

and bullet499...im getting body kit, and i have a stock muffler, will have it for awhile too...
Very true..but before I got my body kit..my car was fast enough already..*hint* Sr20det AWD*....

·
DirtyD!ck MoFo
445 Posts
With me being part of a Car audio shop...i get to have a different perspective on the definition of what "show quality" actually means.
I agree w/NissanLunatic on Cleaniness
CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEANER AND BEING THE CLEANEST is one of THE MOST IMPORTANT things in the show car circuit.
I've seen cars with over 50grand invested into them getting beat in big car shows by cars close to stock because of cleanliness.
Being clean shows effort. Not having a speck of dirt underneath your wheel wells....a cunt hair on your carpet....an overspray of windex on ur dashboard means alot because it shows effort.

secondly...Creativity...
Rims,bodykit,a Smurf color,and every single bolt on on the face of the earth...does NOT constitute being creative.
Using the Honda perspective (an example)...a turbo civic is no big deal....but a 4 door civic w/an S2000 motor, Acura CL headlights, and Lambo doors is impressive...because it takes effort.
In the case of our beloved Altimas...DOING an SR20, custom turbo,skyline headlights, custom kit, and things of that nature are impressive...why? cuz it takes EFFORT.

Sound, custom interior,and go ...IMO are important but come later.

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, I like this captainx guy

Seriously, I think that outside is really what makes the initial impression. If you have primer on your shit, great. Leave it on there for a month or more, and Houston, we have a problem. I have been one of the most active members of the Arizona show scene for better half of the last decade, and I have seen some cars that still look like crap. I mean, what in the hell do I care if you have an SR20 swap, and a turbo, when you are rollin those custom 15s? Its just an imbalance, I think. But, when I see a phat 94 Alti, rollin around here on some sick Hyper Black 18" Verdicts, sitting on a nice stillen front lip, Erebuni SS and rear, its got air cylinders (courtesy of yours truly), paint is awesome, has clear tails, and a beautiful, nice sounding chrome muffler, and some awesome limo tint, I can't help but go "NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE".
That's again, only my take on it...
Oh and Nissan Freak, let me tell you a little story. I don't care if you don't follow what I'm about to tell you. I had a friend in my old car club "Temporary Insanity" here in PHX, who had a 94, customized as hell yellow altima. He used clamps on his car also. In the city of Sedona, driving down the highway through the canyon, the car hit a pothole in the wrong direction, causing the spring clamp to pop off, causing Matt to lose control of his vehicle, eventually driving off the cliff. His family has since won the lawsuit against that particular manufacturer of spring clamps. I don't give a shit what you do to your hood or your car, but if you are willing to risk your life for 100+ bucks, then that's all you bud....
:rolleyes:

·
DRGN4DR
2,316 Posts
Re: Hey, I like this captainx guy

NissanLunatic said:
Seriously, I think that outside is really what makes the initial impression. If you have primer on your shit, great. Leave it on there for a month or more, and Houston, we have a problem. I have been one of the most active members of the Arizona show scene for better half of the last decade, and I have seen some cars that still look like crap. I mean, what in the hell do I care if you have an SR20 swap, and a turbo, when you are rollin those custom 15s? Its just an imbalance, I think. But, when I see a phat 94 Alti, rollin around here on some sick Hyper Black 18" Verdicts, sitting on a nice stillen front lip, Erebuni SS and rear, its got air cylinders (courtesy of yours truly), paint is awesome, has clear tails, and a beautiful, nice sounding chrome muffler, and some awesome limo tint, I can't help but go "NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE".
That's again, only my take on it...
Oh and Nissan Freak, let me tell you a little story. I don't care if you don't follow what I'm about to tell you. I had a friend in my old car club "Temporary Insanity" here in PHX, who had a 94, customized as hell yellow altima. He used clamps on his car also. In the city of Sedona, driving down the highway through the canyon, the car hit a pothole in the wrong direction, causing the spring clamp to pop off, causing Matt to lose control of his vehicle, eventually driving off the cliff. His family has since won the lawsuit against that particular manufacturer of spring clamps. I don't give a shit what you do to your hood or your car, but if you are willing to risk your life for 100+ bucks, then that's all you bud....
:rolleyes:
uh huh uh huh :D

·
*Bluebird Atessa Ltd*
179 Posts
I guess the USA has a very different point of view in modified cars and also car shows...wow thats the first I have heard of clean and simple looks win awards..shit! In australia people who spend $50G wins awards all the time because of what they used to spend that $50G on their car..why dont you guys check out http://www.hot4s.com.au and http://www.autosalon.com.au/
and check out the shit..specially the Subaru WRX that spent $100G..oh well..its whatever pleases the judges...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts