The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, BigBird, I am not trying to piss you off, I just wanted to tell everyone that www.hidfactory.com is replacing my bulb. Here is the problem, they used a new bulb manufacturer then before and the bulbs are thicker, so there is going to be a harder time installing them(they require force and scrape along the housing), I thought I would just give anyone a heads up who is going to be purchasing these bulbs from them. But its not just them I think its all of K2 HID sets in general

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,244 Posts
Scraping along the housing? Force? These should not be anywhere near the HID Kit installation. Are you sure they are sending you the right bulbs??? If you have to force anything its not for your car.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using an H1 bulb for my lights, not the high beams or fog lights, but normal driving lights.

Yes, last bulb was forced in as well, I asked them if there was something they could do, but they quit making the old bulbs, so I am out of luck.

Hi Nick,

I am not sure which one you had prior since it went straight to the
manufacturer. They have stopped working with the Korean plant back in mid to
late 2002 so there are no more Korean bulbs in any of the 8000K kits that K2
makes. They all use the newer Japanese bulbs.

Kind Regards,

Vice President of Sales
DG International, Inc.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know what I am gonna do, probably just sand down the hole a bit until it fits in without rubbing. I am gonna try to sell the kit on ebay first then buy a MisterJung kit, less problems with that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts